DBS Antenna questions

Reaction score
Does anyone have any specs on the DBS antenna they sell for the P3? I have looked at their website and I dont see any specs. Whats the gain on the antenna? Id like to see whats inside one too. Not that I want to make one. I just feel as a potential customer that they should give you some info to help make a decision.

Also is this the same as the Itelite antennas? Just called DBS now?

Its an Itelite Antenna built with a really nice stainless clip on mount. I have not seen any specs. But there are enough of them out you should be able to compare performance with other things. I have one and pretty sure it will go 20,000' First time I tried it I flew 14,000 out of a hole. Was pretty impressive.

Reactions: dirkclod
Thats cool. I see a lot of people posting distance. But some are not staying at or below the 400ft height mark. I am thinking of modifying my controller so I can use different antennas. I have ordered a set of the spironet 2.4ghz patch antennas (13dBic) and some cables for modifying. Im just curious about the DBS antenna and the specs on it. Is it vertical polarization or circular the amount of dB gain it supposed to add etc etc.

The 14k feet you went was in one direction away from you? How high were you? The height above ground (and landscape) play vital roles in signal propagation.

Well drop Chuck at DBS a message for more info. Its a linear antenna so not circular.

I kept below 400 AGL the entire time. End of run was 520' which was well under 400'. As I said I flew out of a hole (valley).

It think the final number was 13,950' and that was one way. Flew almost 30,000' round trip.

Interesting. I tried to msg their facebook. But no response. I will look for an email for them. Thanks for the info

I can't see why not. Just extending inside antenna ports to outside connectors and antenna. There is plenty clearance to plug in current usb, so should be room for hdmi and other connector. I can't take picture of mine if you like. Show clearance.

I can't see why not. Just extending inside antenna ports to outside connectors and antenna. There is plenty clearance to plug in current usb, so should be room for hdmi and other connector. I can't take picture of mine if you like. Show clearance.
That's ok-- I just wanted to make sure it didn't interfere with any of the boards or wiring. Still waiting on my board-- thought I might go ahead an order this an do everything at once.

I have not looked at mod. Do you have to open up controller halves or is it all done through existing ribbon cable?

I have a couple of SpiroNET patches on the way. Also a DBS antenna ordered. I'm debating on waiting and getting a spare controller to modify so I still have a stock untouched one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav