DBS antenna mod - worth it?

• Thread starter Deleted member 27337
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27337

Hey guys,

Before I hack up my controller and make my P3S non-returnable, does the DBS antenna mod increase the range of the P3S by a lot?

For those of you that installed it, are you happy with it?

Does the range after install exceed what a stock P3A/P3P can do or is it still less?

Thanks so much!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Tony. Look up @dirkclod as he has through a lot of trail & error & money has figured out a sweet setup for the P3S. He is getting well over 10,000' with his. I know he uses an Itelite antenna on the TX side.

Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 12.15.35 PM✨.png
full

Reactions: dirkclod
Hey guys,

Before I hack up my controller and make my P3S non-returnable, does the DBS antenna mod increase the range of the P3S by a lot?

Does the range after install exceed what a stock P3A/P3P can do or is it still less?

Thanks so much!

Sent mine off for install. If you wait a week or so I'll
Let you know!

I actually bit the bullet today and ordered one. I will let you know my results once I get it installed.

I honestly havent flown it stock yet. I ordered this kit to get the maximum range possible from my phantom

I believe Dirkclod was quoting 6 -7000' stock.

I've pushed mine maxed at 2200-2400' but I also have a ton of interference. Hoping to get this thing over the mile mark and then possibly even adding Amps for better penetration.

Hey guys,

Thanks so much!

I hoping to get some flight time in this weekend, but since my install, all my signal bars are maxed most time. I have flown 2700ft stock before DBS mod, never had a prob, just wanted little better set up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues