Db checker?

Reaction score
Anyone know is there's some sorta app for IOS that would be able to check how much strength/ reception all these different antennas are giving out?
I have a similar app, but it's for my wifi.

There's so much commotion regarding which antenna is giving what, you know?

Please and thank you [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You need more than an app. You need a gizmo.

The 'network analyzer' apps for iOS / Android don't give you the information you want. You need a frequency analyzer:

Spectrum Analyzers

These are neat. Got one. The IT folks are jealous 'cuz mine is cooler than theirs. But not a casual purchase (for the 99% of us anyway).

Depending on your DIY capabilities, you can actually make one.

Arduino 2.4 GHz Spectrum Analyser

And others.

Should keep you busy on those rainy days.

Reactions: Double_DoubleG

The 'network analyzer' apps for iOS / Android don't give you the information you want. You need a frequency analyzer:

Spectrum Analyzers

These are neat. Got one. The IT folks are jealous 'cuz mine is cooler than theirs. But not a casual purchase (for the 99% of us anyway).

And others.

Thanks Wetdog!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Spectrum Analyzers

And others.

This one (RigExpert - IT-24 - 2.4 GHz ISM Band Universal Tester) is also nice. But yours looks much more cool.
Got one for 250$ on Ebay.

It has basic functionalities:
- Check cable and antenna quality
- Measure power output of RC
- Scan the air for signal on 2.3 to 2.6 GHz

In any case to do such measurement with a minimum of accuracy and reproductibility, you will need to go in a remote area with no Wifi in a large area.
Or you need to have a room that fully shield from interference.

Reactions: Double_DoubleG
I'm currently in the process of using a spectrum analyser on a CE compliant P3A. I did read a post of a member who posted all the frequencies used but they did not match what I'm getting. I'm guessing this is because my P3A is CE and his was FCC .... I'll also post up the Db results. In an early test I did notice what I assumed to be a video frequency/ies belting out at between 4 and 10mhtz. How this relates to the bitrate settings I hope someone will be along to explain ;-)

This one (RigExpert - IT-24 - 2.4 GHz ISM Band Universal Tester) is also nice. But yours looks much more cool.
Got one for 250$ on Ebay.

It has basic functionalities:
- Check cable and antenna quality
- Measure power output of RC
- Scan the air for signal on 2.3 to 2.6 GHz

In any case to do such measurement with a minimum of accuracy and reproductibility, you will need to go in a remote area with no Wifi in a large area.
Or you need to have a room that fully shield from interference.
Or leave a scan running for at least an hour without the phantom turned on, mark the results as a "discover result", run another test but this time turn on the phantom. Compare the 2 results and filter out the discover results. Try to use a directional antenna on the analyser and don't move it through both tests. If you have the ability only scan on the 2.4 to 2.5 range then you'll save yourself a whole lot of filtering out

Or leave a scan running for at least an hour without the phantom turned on, mark the results as a "discover result", run another test but this time turn on the phantom. Compare the 2 results and filter out the discover results. Try to use a directional antenna on the analyser and don't move it through both tests. If you have the ability only scan on the 2.4 to 2.5 range then you'll save yourself a whole lot of filtering out
Yes, correct that's a good plan B. But now a day with Wifi/Bluetooth Microwave oven everywhere there is a lot of disturbance and the best would be real test at some distance.
By me luckily 2.3-2.4 and 2.4-2.5 GHz are quite, but my scanner can do 2.3-2.4 or 2.4-2.5 or 2.5-2.6 or 2.3-2.6, so no issue with that. The point is that the output is only the screen that can be viewed or exported as a pic on a PC.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik