Day one, managed not to crash!

Reaction score
Unboxed my DJI P2V+ today, charged her up and got up the guts to try it out. Mounted my prop guards first, just in case. Did two test flights where I thought I had some good videos. Brought her back for a landing and found that stupid me was only watching the live feed and never turned the camera on - a Homer Simpson moment doh!!!! Took a third flight and turned it on and shot some crappy video and just when I was coming in to land the thing scared the crap out of me as the first low battery siren started going off. Decided to catch her in the air and call it a day. Since there was no crash I consider this a good first try. Only went to about 160 feet up, and was quite scared I might loose her that high. I have a way to go I know, but boy was it fun.

Well, that video definitely had it all. Grass, lines in grass, drone selfie, grass, more grass. lmao. The only drone video that topped that one for the Totally Sucked Award (TSA) would be the first one I shot. Congratulations on a crash free first flight. Can't wait for Video from Day 2. Thanks again for the entertainment.

The stability capabilities are fantastic. It is so easy to fly, you will want to let it rip. Remember it is a stabilized video\still camera. It can rip across the sky but it will cost you. ( cost me 2 sets of props to figger this out). Hand catch asap. Prop guards for the first 6 or 8 batteries charges. Follow all steps for pre flight.
Long Days and Pleasant Nights

No problem...I'm certain more hilarity will ensue. I notice your wife (or girlfriend) . . . and if you have a wife AND girlfriend I hope the wife doesn't log in here and see you with your girlfriend in the selfie. well, I digress...my wife thinks my drone hobby is totally ridiculous. I bought it to use on my farm for crop scouting. She wasn't at all amused when I did a flyover the pool on Labor Day and attempted a swimsuit shot. Keep in touch.

db51 said:
I did a flyover the pool on Labor Day and attempted a swimsuit shot.
You know the rule here. No pictures/video or it didn't happen.

Congrats on the first flight day.
Looks good !
As mentioned lose the prop guards when you get more confident in using the bird.
And yes your lucky to have a women that loves your bird, she even waves !
I see that when you move fast the upper edges on the video are blurry.
What memory card are you using and what are the settings of the camera ? or are they still standard ( default I mean ). I guess all is still running with factory settings.

I think I had it set at 1080 30fps but it was with the default 4gig cheapo card that came with the bird. I have some 32gig Sandisk extreme cards, do you think that would improve the quality?

kirbinster said:
I think I had it set at 1080 30fps but it was with the default 4gig cheapo card that came with the bird. I have some 32gig Sandisk extreme cards, do you think that would improve the quality?

Some mention a Class10 card, i use a class4 8GB card and i works great for me.
But the blurry thing was the first i noticed.
Swap that cheap stock memory card.

Well done!! Now all you have to do is not crash another couple of hundred times and you are all set. :)

kirbinster said:
Well I am gaining some more confidence, but still not enough to go much above 100' up. Here are a couple of more videos, in some of them I was flying with another Phantom guy in my area and there are sections where my bird captured his bird:

OK, how do I make the links below actually show up here as the video???

https://www.youtube.com/embed/428JXW6mpn4

https://www.youtube.com/embed/428JXW6mpn4

Select the video in YouTube. Copy the whole URL address. Reply on here. Click on the YouTube box above the text box and then edit-paste (or ctrl V) this will insert the whole URL. You then need to remove everything after the '&List"

Like this

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkFp2lR62So[/youtube]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj