Data flight log has two entries after signal loss?

Reaction score
Have a P3S and set my distance limit a bit higher today, to 400m. At about 305m out and about 79m high I got a "No Signal" message, the red one top center on the app. The image turned gray and froze for a bit. After about 10 seconds the RC reconnected and I flew back and did a RTH about half way back which worked right. Have two questions if someone could please help out. First was the "No Signal" error the RC not connecting, or the wifi (video downlink)? After getting back and looking at the data flight log I see there are two different line entries, one for the first half of the flight going out and the other one after making the reconnect for the return trip back. Even thouth it was really only one complete flight.
Next question, I uploaded the data to Healthy Drones.com to look into it some more and see at the point of the reconnect it puts a big "H" for Home Point at that spot (305m) away. As I stated I flew it only about half way back on my own, and used the RTH for the last leg (which work correctly). Coming back to me that is. Happy it didn't land at that spot 305m away, as that was a real bad place for a landing. What was, and why was that updated Home Point added and why did it still make it back to me at the real Home Point. Thanks,
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

I've also noticed this on Healthy Drones, not sure why though.
I did a flight two days ago and lost signal twice so I have three logs for one flight but home point is always where my P3S took off from.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1464810697.303318.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1464810808.567120.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1464810872.538071.jpg

The 'No Signal' is the WI-FI Downlink connection being lost. When it happens to me I can still fly my drone out further if I want but I'm scared too without any video or telemetry. I think when the RC signal is lost you get the message 'RC Signal Lost' instead of 'No Signal' I always lose the WI-FI signal before the RC signal

Thanks for the reply. I knew there must be a different message for each, just wasn't sure. I kind of get tunnel vision when something goes wrong and have a hard time looking at all the read outs on the display and go into panic mode. Just ordered a windsurfer ant mod, but that only improves the RC range making the discrepancy between RC range and WiFi range more so.

Thanks for the reply. I knew there must be a different message for each, just wasn't sure. I kind of get tunnel vision when something goes wrong and have a hard time looking at all the read outs on the display and go into panic mode. Just ordered a windsurfer ant mod, but that only improves the RC range making the discrepancy between RC range and WiFi range more so.

I made a DIY windsurfer using a template that I found online haven't tested it yet though, will probably do that over the weekend :p I'm thinking about buying the ARGtek range extender but it's hard to find a UK seller so I don't get hit with VAT and customs fees if it gets delivered from the US :( Going to keep doing some testing on stock in the meantime to see how far I can push it :)

Is this what you've been looking at: Amazon.com: BlueProton DJI Phantom 3 Standard WiFi Signal Range Extender Antenna Kit w 10dBi 5.8GHz Omni by ARGtek: Toys & Games
Been looking at this one myself, but been seeing very mixed reviews on it. Some are really liking it while other think its junk. Kind of think the people that think its junk just did the install wrong.

Yeah that's the one. This video shows the improvements that it can make. Not sure why people think it's bad :/

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.