DashWare with Windows 10

Reaction score
I just installed windows 10 on my Mac under bootcamp- solely for the purpose of running my P3 videos though DashWare.

It crashes when I try to export my project. I'm wondering if it's a problem with ffmpeg or the fact that it's 4k.

Doesn't anyone have DashWare working with Windows 10?

I got it working... turns out DashWare doesn't like 4k footage.

That said... I can't get it to output 23.976 fps to match the P3P at 4k... one thing at a time.

I have it working, seems just fine for me. However I'm not trying to work with 4K video, just 1080P.

Not working for me since I upgraded from 7 to 10.

Throws up an fmpeg error.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling DashWare, no joy :(

Any ideas? I'm only working with 1080

Not working for me since I upgraded from 7 to 10.

Throws up an fmpeg error.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling DashWare, no joy :(

Any ideas? I'm only working with 1080
Is your video files recorded in MP4? Check the DJI settings as dash ware bombed out if I didn't record in mp4

I've never, ever been able to get Dashware to work on any of my machines (XP, 7 & 8) so I thought I would give it a try on an upgraded Win10 machine. And low and behold it works! So excited to actually be able to play with this now. I was using RaceRender previously, which does a nice job, but the selection of gauges is quite limited.

From another forum, apparently GoPro has stated that Dashware won't work with 4K and currently no plans to do it. I get the same FFMPEG issue ever since going to Windows 10. I can edit 4K in Dashware but can't create the video.

From another forum, apparently GoPro has stated that Dashware won't work with 4K and currently no plans to do it. I get the same FFMPEG issue ever since going to Windows 10. I can edit 4K in Dashware but can't create the video.
ffmpeg is supported natively in Windows 10, so if you're working with a Dashware that was installed prior to upgrading to Windows 10, it's quite possible the ffmpeg.exe included w/ Dashware is conflicting with the Windows 10 implementation. I would either a) uninstall Dashware completely (not just delete the folder) and do a fresh install, or b) download ffmpeg from the interwebs and copy ffmpeg.exe to the Dashware folder (overwriting the one already there).

Disclaimer: I have not tried this, do not have Windows 10, do not use Dashware. I am just a pretty technical dude.

If your win7 works.... Well, just like iOS 9... Why do it unless there is a compelling reason? So many millions of lines of code to get just right, I'm surprised any of it works. God bless your efforts!!!

I was able to get my video to display after reading a post on facebook by Marco Calado.

Just delete MFPlat.dll from the dashware folder and run dashware.exe from the folder.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    409.4 KB · Views: 593
I was able to get my video to display after reading a post on facebook by Marco Calado.

Just delete MFPlat.dll from the dashware folder and run dashware.exe from the folder.
Thanks for posting this. Just tried & it works! Not been able to use Dashware yet & its getting late now, will have to play another day.

Screw it.. I installed the 1.9.0 version, still no go on windows 10. I have a laptop at work with windows 7 and Ill use that one instead for using dashware.
My home computer USED to have 7 on it, but i was suckered into the free upgrade over a yr ago. Now I regret it. It tryed to do the same on the laptop, but I deleted the offer.

I tried myself on a Win10 machine. It works just fine (and quick), also exporting works fine up to 1080p. 4K material gives an error while exporting, but that was to be expected :(

UPDATE: 4K material straight from the drone does not work (gives a MediaFoundation error). HOWEVER, when I first process it in Premiere, changing the bitrate a bit, it DOES work in Dashware!

Now it must be a Dashware problem. I downloaded to my Windows 7 laptop and it still does not work.. What is going on here...? 1.90. version. Dont know where to find the older version.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic