Damping Check Failed

Reaction score
I was trying to run a pre-programmed waypoint path via Litchi with my P3S today. The path loaded, but I got the following error when trying to run it:

"Failed to upload mission. (Reason: the damping check is failed)"

Has any else had this issue? My gut is telling me that 'damping' is likely relating to position correction capability. It was fairly windy today, so it may have measured the correction that it was needing to do, and found that it could not execute the flight route at the specified speed while correcting for the wind. Does that sound right? I have contacted Litchi's customer service group to get their thoughts, but I'm open to anyone's thoughts on the matter.

Thanks.

Reactions: Fred D.
It is a result returned by the flight controller in the DJI SDK (not litchi soecific).

The DJI developer forum provides the following explanation..

"Actually we don't have the limitation for the 1/2 distance. However, we have the restriction that the Damping distance for Waypoint A plus the damping distance for Waypoint B should be smaller than the distance between A and B"

Best guess is that your waypoints prescribed a path that could not be flown within siftware/hardware limitations of the aircraft/flight controller or litchi generated code with certain paramaters outside limits within the flight controller library of the SDK.

Thanks for the info. I also heard back from the Litchi developers, and they said that it's due to a waypoint curve issue. They checked out my saved mission and found that, for some reason, the first point had a large curve set, even though it theoretically had no previous point to curve from. The curve size also couldn't be changed as the slider was stuck at the far left and the text kept reverting back to '38m' even after typing something else. They said that there are checks in place for this type of curve issue, but there must be a bug in the applet that let it slip through. They're looking into it, and, in the meantime, I just exported the mission to .csv, changed the curve size to 1 (it doesn't like 0 for some reason), and imported it as a new mission. Everything looks good now, but I haven't tried it again. Hopefully it works now, though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4