Damaged Prop Thread?

Reaction score
Hey All

I wanna ask if anyone of you has a photo of a damaged prop thread photo?
Cause my prop threads have got some slight paint coating on them, probably from a bit of over tightening it sometimes. So i wanna now how do prop threads look like, to know dump this prop or not?

Thanks

If they tighten down firm, you should be ok. I would really only worry if they didn't tighten to a firm stop, and just kept spinning. Eh?
Of if they were unscrewed too easily. As long as they seat tight, "Go" fly and have fun... ;-)

Don't over tighten them either. Ha

RedHotPoker

i wanna now how do prop threads look like, to know dump this prop or not?
Compare them to brand new props. If they don't look the same, then it's probably time to dump them.

I threw a prop away. I don't remember exactly why, it just felt different than the others when tightening up. I wouldn't expect them to last forever- they're just plastic.

Props are not expensive, if you have a doubt about their condition, you can go ahead and buy new. Why do you take risk?

In my opinion, props last very long if you take care of them.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks for your advice.

But the problem is it usually happens with my grey props. And i have to dump them all the time.
The color coating gets off on the thread and i cant figure out is it a damage or not.

Here are the photos of my two props. Both grey.

e54c69ae2772b13bd46e574f89555a0c.jpg

a723f0df6c923ecc0f6b2bf750c1f4b3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

took a brand new grey props the other day. Had two flights. And one of them has already this grey trails (as seen on the pic). I definitely didn't over tighten them. So I guess, the back grey prop motor does this to my props.
Other then that, the prop self tightens on it without any issue. What would you suggest to do?

Sent from my SM-T320 using PhantomPilots mobile app

They look fine to me t2adze. It's no problem for a bit of paint to show on them.As others are saying, if they screw on ok and there are no cracks on the blades/hub then it should be good to carry on using them.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: t2adze

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1