Damaged H3-3D

Reaction score
Well to make a long story short my very new P2 dropped straight out of the sky from probably 100 ft due to vortex ring state I think. It landed on its legs so hard, even on grass, that the gimbal popped out of 2 of the dampers, and I think the gimbal slammed into the mounting plate or something, the plate was bent as well. Anyway, the box beside the Tilt Server Driver Module on the arm is dented and tweaked to the side. The Gimbal acts totally erratic now on start-up. I assume this is something to send in to be repaired and not something that can be re-calibrated? The P2 should have longer legs to protect the Gimbal

Yes I agree with the longer legs. I ordered some from mine before I put on my 3D. You should try to recalibrate it yourself. I messed up my 2D in a rough landing and it was working strange until I recalibrated it. When you recalibrate your coper it also sets level and recalibrate your gimbal.

If you are lucky that is.

Good luck!

I looked closely at it and its blown up and now on its way back to Dji … can't believe they didn't put legs on the P2 long enough to ensure the gimbal wouldn't get crushed.

doesn't sound like VRS to me.... sounds more like the battery connection failure.... dropping dead out of the sky isn't the typical behavior of VRS. did the props stop in the air?
:shock:

I damaged my gimbal in a similar fashion, though it didn't drop 100 ft, more like 15 but since it's twitchy when it starts up and constantly twitches down. I've emailed DJI but haven't heard anything yet.

Anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this? I've tried recalibrating but it doesn't seem to do anything. If I leave the unit on for a few minutes the gimbal heats up a lot, get's really hot on the arms.

Here is the video of it http://youtu.be/JCDBPcu4e9U

Kcanto said:
I damaged my gimbal in a similar fashion, though it didn't drop 100 ft, more like 15 but since it's twitchy when it starts up and constantly twitches down. I've emailed DJI but haven't heard anything yet.

Anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this? I've tried recalibrating but it doesn't seem to do anything. If I leave the unit on for a few minutes the gimbal heats up a lot, get's really hot on the arms.

Here is the video of it http://youtu.be/JCDBPcu4e9U

Hi Kevin,
Yes, your gimbal is rooted. Solution: buy another one.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl