Damaged Battery Post-Crash? (With VIDEO)

Should i continue to use the battery or discard it completely?

• Continue and use as a last resort

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
I crashed my bird on the 2nd day of flying it. Went for repairs to replaced the gimbal and camera, flew around with my 3 batteries to test the bird post flight to see if anything has gone wrong. So far so good.

No warnings from the drone, or battery or gimbal.

However, after a few days of being busy and not flying, i charged my batteries again to prepare for flight and i noticed one of the battery had a rattling sound when it is shaken or moved. I've created a quick video to demonstrate the sound.

I wonder if any other owners out there who crashed their drone also experience the same issue and if so, are you still using it and does it give you any problems.

NOTE: The sound in the video seems greatly enhanced, it doesn't rattle as loud as the video plays it out to be.

I would do this. Check in the assistant the battery cell info and see if they are all still balanced. If all check good there and you can test fly close to home to see that the battery flight time is good and then let it cool and recharge. Check in the assistant again and if she still looks good voltage and balance I would feal pretty good about using it with no problems. Just keep check for a while. If their is any questionable actions. Don't use it. The battery keep her in the air.

Reactions: Garrie

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj