Damage?

Reaction score
Took off today for the first time after a few days and the camera wouldn't respond when I tried to move the camera down using the gimbal wheel on the remote, it just moved up(but if I slide the gimbal level down by using the touchscreen on the go app it went down). I tried resetting a few times but still no luck. Turned everything off and inspected and I found what appears to be damage/breakdown of the ribbon cable shown in the picture attached, ran my finger over it to feel it and then switched back on and the gimbal wheel is working again. I have never crashed or come close to hitting anything, always hand caught when landing and always transported in the hard case with the original gimbal lock and white foam insert attached. I've got no ideas how this happened. Anyone had this before? Worried this is gna cost me a bomb to sort.

Forgot the pic

Attachments

• 20151004_175804.jpg
    20151004_175804.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 355
I guess you can only ask. If they don't replace it, I wonder how much the fix would cost you.
But better to ask sooner than later, imo.

Took off today for the first time after a few days and the camera wouldn't respond when I tried to move the camera down using the gimbal wheel on the remote, it just moved up(but if I slide the gimbal level down by using the touchscreen on the go app it went down). I tried resetting a few times but still no luck. Turned everything off and inspected and I found what appears to be damage/breakdown of the ribbon cable shown in the picture attached, ran my finger over it to feel it and then switched back on and the gimbal wheel is working again. I have never crashed or come close to hitting anything, always hand caught when landing and always transported in the hard case with the original gimbal lock and white foam insert attached. I've got no ideas how this happened. Anyone had this before? Worried this is gna cost me a bomb to sort.
Buy direct from DJI or from a Dealer?

That is a hundred dollar repair to replace the cable with a new one.

Jeremy

I got it from a dealer, heliguy in the uk, they are an authorised dji distributor and repair centre.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik