Dallas, The Arts District

Reaction score
Last week I replaced the lens in my GoPro Hero 3+ with a 5.4mm lens. No more fish eye and it seems to have a warmer look. I normally add some color correction but today, I was happy with the way things looked.
The hard part for me was editing about an hours worth of footage down to 17 minutes, then down to 2:30. Here are the results.

https://vimeo.com/105456299

nice and interesting video. did you use editing stabilization in addition to your gimbal? The video is so stable..amazing.

Thank you, no magic involved at all. Phantom 1.1.1 with Hacker motors, well balanced APC Props and H33D gimbal.

That lens makes a big difference.
You can clearly see the changes in the details and it has more of a natural look.
Hell of a good video.

Great video, like the variety of shots. You picked the right time of day too, no people.

Thanks, nftrix, I appreciate the compliments. You wouldn't believe how many great shots I had to throw out because of time, just so much. Round here, we have to fly early in the morning because of the heat but I like early morning for all the right reasons.

bpippin said:
Very Nice! Love those early morning shots or very late afternoon ones also.

Thanks. Yep, early morning and late afternoon are hard to tell apart. No people is the dead giveaway. Glad you enjoyed.

It's all in the type of video you're going for. I went to Klyde Warren Park to shoot some video on Labor Day in the afternoon because I wanted people in the video, but surprising the place was a bit dead...

http://youtu.be/JyyllB5PNEQ

nftrix said:
It's all in the type of video you're going for. I went to Klyde Warren Park to shoot some video on Labor Day in the afternoon because I wanted people in the video, but surprising the place was a bit dead...

http://youtu.be/JyyllB5PNEQ

That's good to know. Personally, I like shooting video of people. Seems everyone turns into hams. Saturday morning was super humid and had to get back in the AC by 10am. Cooler weather is coming and I'll have to make another trip down there. They had the grass area all roped off, is that normal?

No typically things aren't roped off. I think they were setting up for something or taking something down.

nftrix said:
No typically things aren't roped off. I think they were setting up for something or taking something down.

It was all roped off on Saturday. I think more people would have been out if the grass had been open.

Suwaneeguy said:
That lens makes a big difference.
You can clearly see the changes in the details and it has more of a natural look.
Hell of a good video.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. Yep, I noticed all the things you've noticed. It amazes me how much better things look JUST by switching out the lens.

lalvar40 said:
nice and interesting video. did you use editing stabilization in addition to your gimbal? The video is so stable..amazing.

I'm flying a Phantom V1.1.1 and since I already had the upgrade board installed, all I had to do was mount the H33D and plug the cable in and go fly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4