Customs Tax UK

Reaction score
Ordered my P2V+ off the DJI website on Wednesday, and just got an update on the website saying it has now been shipped.

I'm curious though that as i paid in Euros, i presumed it would be shipped from somewhere in mainland Europe.

However the tracking information shows it is coming from mainland China.

Does this mean i'm going to be left with a whopping customs tax bill as i'm based in the UK?

I really have no idea how to answer your question, but it seems odd to me that it would be shipped knowing that you might not be able to receive it if the customs duties were more than you could afford! Like getting on an aircraft and arriving in a foreign county without a passport or visa! I thought that generally there were warnings offered about potentially unexpected import fees.

That having been said it has happened to me before. I don't recall the situation now (it has been several years) but I received whatever it was I ordered from somewhere else in the world and a couple days later I received a bill from FedEx for import duties of $17 or something like that (not very much, considering). I didn't have much choice, and wasn't even offered the option of returning it, so I paid it and forgot about it.

I thought DJI would have let me know too, but still.

I've saved up for over a year now to get this, as I don't like to use credit / credit cards, so i'l be gutted if they stick another 20% on top.

I bought a grille for a friends' car last year off eBay via China, and got a £12 invoice off fedex the next month, so it's looking possible.

I would guess that there will be nothing else to pay. A bit late now but there are a few Quadcopter places in the UK any of which you could have used. You would then have the Sale of Goods act to protect you for the first year.

You really gotta watch this, I too was caught once. There is a limit where it does not draw import duty buts small £20 or something. There is still VAT to pay. Was that on your invoice? I know hindsight is a wondervul thing and not much help to you. Local dealers are great if you have a problem. Mine, droneshack.co.uk are great. I had a stiff motor and it was replaced with no quible even after a while. Trying to do the same thing direct with DJI I imagine would not be so smooth. Anyway I really hope you have no surprises! Please post back with any updates, we'd love to know.

CocoPops said:
There are no customs due, it's been paid.

You get billed in euro and it is shipped from China.
Mine arrived yesterday via DHL.
You say there are no customs due, but normally it takes a month before any invoices come through from HMRC.

I don't expect to pay it for a month, but I'm fearful an invoice will come....

There are documents in the package showing customs paid by dji as part of sale.

Your transaction was a euro transaction, where they ship from is up to them.

Same as if you order from Apple, the shipment starts in china.

CocoPops said:
There are documents in the package showing customs paid by dji as part of sale.

Your transaction was a euro transaction, where they ship from is up to them.

Phew hope you're right! :|

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20