Custom Phantom / P2V sticker set

Reaction score
As a P2V owner, and through a discussion in the Vision forum, I put together a set of stickers to mark the controller sticks, the S1 / S2 switches, the LED patterns for NAZA-M and VISION protocol, battery numbers, a pair of fancy script name stickers and finally several "IF FOUND" with your phone number stickers. All printed on 3M automotive grade vinyl- they turned out pretty good. Several folks asked to be able to buy them, so we posted 'em on the work website (below). We're asking $24 for the set of 35 stickers, personalized and sent first class mail (out of country add 2 bucks). Thanks for the input so far- any other ideas for a custom sticker? If it's a good idea I'll give you a set or two for free once developed! Let me know on that.

Here's the page to see the way it turned out, and buy if you like:

http://www.signsoflife.net/phantom-graphics.php

ps: Adam did give this listing the OK, being a hybrid owner/commercial ad. Thanks.

Attachments

• web script name.jpg
    web script name.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 2,405
  • web naza-m.jpg
    web naza-m.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 2,625
  • web controller.jpg
    web controller.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 2,713
WOW!

I was following the other thread, I love the end result! I would like to order a set, but I'll hold off for now, and have a think of exactly what extra ones I might want etc, I've been toying with the idea of putting a "bio-hazard" sticker on my phantom, and my username in old English font across the back (I was thinking of trying to paint it on)

I've also added a tilt knob to the front of my transmitter, once I get my set-up tuned in how I like, I might see if you can make me up a sticker to go around that with the cam level point marked out, and up/down for the respective directions.

Again, Nice work! :)

Great Idea Colorado Sky. Although I really don't need the "stick" stickers because of my heli experience, all the others are perfect for a newb like me to the PV2 and multirotors. Especially the ones for the S1 and S2 switches. Just placed my order via paypal. Looking forward to seeing them on my new PV2.

Thanks you. :D

VERY EXCITING to think these stickers will be flying all around the globe in a matter of days! This is today's 'international' mail. Cool! Makes me feel pretty small on this Colorado mountain....

Attachments

• international mail.jpg
    international mail.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 2,349
How about a quick pre-flight checklist, to go on the front of the transmitter somewhere:

1. Power on Transmitter
2. Check Flight Mode/IOC switch position
3. Power on Phantom
4. Warm-up/GPS lock
5. Arm motors

I agree with OLP. The quick and dirty of the Take Off List would be cool.

Add that to my order if you decide to do that. I just submitted

OI Photography said:
How about a quick pre-flight checklist, to go on the front of the transmitter somewhere:

1. Power on Transmitter
3. Power on Phantom
4. Warm-up/GPS lock
5. Arm motors

I would like a set of those also... may help prevent a flyaway for this Noob. If you do this Mark, let us know and I will place an order when they become available. If available now, let me know how much I must add to my current order and I will send to you via paypal. THANKS :!:

I started reading about your nifty project / idea when you first posted this on the Forum and ordered a set as soon as you had things finalized. They arrived in the mail yesterday and I think they look great...a nice aid and a very 'dressy' thing to add to the units. The "Return to Sender" labels are a very good thing to have, (one I hope never gets used..!)...but adds another level of comfort to flying a Phantom. I had planned on writing a "Reward if returned" sort of tag on some artists tape or something, but these are so much classier....thanks again for all the thought and work you put into these...

Topeeka said:
I started reading about your nifty project / idea when you first posted this on the Forum and ordered a set as soon as you had things finalized. They arrived in the mail yesterday and I think they look great...a nice aid and a very 'dressy' thing to add to the units. The "Return to Sender" labels are a very good thing to have, (one I hope never gets used..!)...but adds another level of comfort to flying a Phantom. I had planned on writing a "Reward if returned" sort of tag on some artists tape or something, but these are so much classier....thanks again for all the thought and work you put into these...

WHEW! I have to tell you that I've been a little anxious about the reports that I expect will begin rolling in on these stickers as they arrive at their destinations, to this vocal group of critics! I appreciate the heck out of the detailed user reviews of Phantom features, functions and hardware, but when it's my own skin? Nervous!

I hope that any beefs will come straight to me and provide a chance to clear 'em up before a public flogging, but that isn't really a worry- everyone seems intent on offering their honest feedback to make the system better- thanks.

I love the stickers, and hope that it really will be perceived as a sharing effort. It's pretty neat to be the guy with the tools to make the ideas come to life!

Mark

:)

I'd say you should brace yourself for a lot more suggestions, ideas, wishes, from others who might want some custom work or have other Quads with different needs... The fact that DJI left the lettering off their products probably was understandable since they market to many other countries....so you have really filled a niche...!

I think your being up front and willing to fix any issues right away will go along way if any issues do arise, but as Topeeka stated, you have filled a Niche DJI could not accommodate so kudo's to you for having the foresight to move forward with this. I'm sure you will do fine with this very "vocal" group. :roll: Hoping my set comes today although I haven't had a chance to even take my pv out of the box. Christmas decorating, getting tree and that sort of fun stuff. Also, I hope you are able to come up with some optional graphics that are easily removable. I have seen pics of phantoms in which the provided stickers have been partially removed and look ragged because the owner did some mods requiring removal of the top cover. Looks like they don't stick well after a couple of pull offs. Perhaps your product will give us some personalization options AND allow easy removal. Thanks for your efforts Mark. :mrgreen:

OI Photography said:

1. Power on Transmitter
3. Power on Phantom
4. Warm-up/GPS lock
5. Arm motors

I would make 1. check prop nuts.

Wayne

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members