Custom camera adjustments just appeared in DJI Go app for P3S

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I was setting up to go out flying today and noticed that there are now custom adjustments to the camera style settings in the latest version of the DJI Go app (2.3?).
See attached photo.
Not quite sure what the settings mean but good to know they are there.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1444664669.316807.jpg

Nice that they are adding features that were previously P/A only.

Dave

2.3 Is this a Crapple?

Yes Rod and don't know if it's android yet, would think so . I had to go into app store to see it as it didn't pop up as an update ,
Is nice and remember you have to have your quad on for any change's in those settings to stick if they will even change with it off .

Its at GPStore Have to tap update, 2.3 added September 29th.

Does anyone have any information on this "style" feature? I noticed my latest videos seemed "noisier" than usual for the amount of light in the scene. I then realized that my "style" settings had been set to custom with a "-2" for [sharpness]? I guess the map maker app I started playing with, changed this setting for me. In any case, I assume "standard" style is what used to be considered "none" with the previous version of the iOS Go app?

I am a photographer, just getting into aerial photo with 100 or so flights, so I will take a stab at this. I have not seen it printed anywhere, but I have used similar icons in PShop.
Let's start with the icons across the top: The first one (the triangle) is for sharpness. What happens is the software increases the contrast at edges to make the illusion of the image being sharper, it really is not.
The second icon (the black/white circle ) is for contrast. A positive setting here will make the highlights lighter, and the shadows darker. Useful on a gray day, but you may end up loosing detail in those areas if you overdo.
The third icon (the gradient rectangle) would be for overall exposure. A positive setting here would increase the amount of light coming in, making the image brighter. In my experience, I find a slight amount of underexposure here will allow for more richness, as you can "dig " into the shadows to lighten them better than darkening highlights if there is a lack of detail.
The style settings are suggested for the different types of shots, so it is assumed that for landscape, you want everything sharpened a bit.The softer setting would be for a little diffusion, or "atmosphere"
The custom setting allows you to set your own "style", based on the above effects.
Now, I am not sure about my next statement, because I don't yet know the DJI camera totally, but this is how digital cameras work.... None of the above make any difference when you shoot RAW, because you would instead be adjusting those things and a lot more in your RAW import, with whatever editor you use. I always shoot RAW, so I can get as much out of every image I shoot.

I normally shoot raw too--the few times I ever shoot stills... most of my photography is video. I've just noticed that these settings seem to be effecting my video as well; not just the still shots. Guess, I'm probably better off keeping everything at standard (at least the "sharpness") and edit in post.

I used this facility Yesterday, vfrailing is correct as to what the icons mean. If, like me it is still confusing, give this guy a go. I know it's for the Pro version but it's applicable to the standard and I have finally removed those morai? lines following this chaps settings.

Reactions: skyeboysteve

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4