Current RTH route will pass a No-Fly Zone

Reaction score
I searched the forums here and only found a similar issue on someones P4P. I have a Phantom 4, with the most recent firmware installed. I am now getting this error on occasion:

Current RTH route will pass a No-Fly Zone.
Pay attention to the aircraft's position to avoid RTH failure.

I am no where near a No-Fly Zone. I am very worried of a fly away if I get this error during a RTH. Has anyone else experienced this with their P4 after the latest update?

Reactions: Yo quisiera dji
Yes, had an occurrence last week and I am at least 30 klms from the nearest airport. I had flown probably a dozen times since the last FW update and had never seen that message before, no other problems with the update but I broke into a sweat upon seeing that pop up as if it goes down in some sort of contrived auto land, I'll never see it again.

I'm really disappointed in this latest update. I have seen nothing but problems from others on this forum as well. It's really upsetting as I have not flown much in the past month because I no longer have confidence in my drone. Before the July update, I had utmost confidence and wouldn't bat an eye at a long distance flight. Now, I'm worried to fly around my property. It's only going to get worse guys, enjoy it while it's lasts.

Yes, had an occurrence last week and I am at least 30 klms from the nearest airport. I had flown probably a dozen times since the last FW update and had never seen that message before, no other problems with the update but I broke into a sweat upon seeing that pop up as if it goes down in some sort of contrived auto land, I'll never see it again.
Ok, you have relived me of my false sense of security- seemingly less NFZ were being enforced in AUS (seemed like that to me anyway). Hopefully DJI is enterpreting the NFZ in line with the CASA can I fly app- I can live with that.

Looking forward to the next go4 update to see it addresses these sorts of problems including the wind warnings, IMU error and the stupid NFZ messages. Litchi are not immune from this either as a couple of updates ago, I had issues using pano mode and Litchi blamed DJI. Lo and behold the very next update specifically mentioned 'fix issues with pano' and the problem disappeared.
I'm happy with the FW and my drone flies just fine, they just need to test the updates before they unleash it on an unsuspecting audience.

Reactions: Echopiece
Ok, you have relived me of my false sense of security- seemingly less NFZ were being enforced in AUS (seemed like that to me anyway). Hopefully DJI is enterpreting the NFZ in line with the CASA can I fly app- I can live with that.

Well I have just checked the CASA app that I recently updated and Lo and behold there is a non controlled, non certified airport that belongs to a tourist retreat about 8klms away from where I fly. Given that I would not be able to fly that far in any case, the mystery may be solved. The exclusion zone starts at about 3 klms from my place and that is why I received the warning.
Not sure if anyone has read the T & C that are now included prior to using the app, but it makes for some interesting reading.
Learn something new everyday.

Well I have just checked the CASA app that I recently updated and Lo and behold there is a non controlled, non certified airport that belongs to a tourist retreat about 8klms away from where I fly. Given that I would not be able to fly that far in any case, the mystery may be solved. The exclusion zone starts at about 3 klms from my place and that is why I received the warning.
Not sure if anyone has read the T & C that are now included prior to using the app, but it makes for some interesting reading.
Learn something new everyday.
Does the CASA app say something like unregistered airfield fly with caution and DJI has it as a NFZ?

Does the CASA app say something like unregistered airfield fly with caution and DJI has it as a NFZ?
The only other information attached to the area (circled in orange) is that CASA has little information regarding this aerodrome, except to contact them before flying in the area (I will do that today).
DJI has it listed as a NFZ warning that may impact on RTH.

Just had a conversation with the owners who advised that the dirt airstrip has been out of service for quite some time due to a trench having been dug across it to deal with water runoff from the property and won't be rectified anytime soon. When the strip was operational, they would cater for 2-3 flights a year but essentially the maintenance costs and demand outweighed the benefits.
As a side note, when I introduced myself to them, they immediately stated that drones are for spying on people and what followed was a respectful discussion and they had heard that my aerial footage had been used as part of an insurance claim following the recent fire that destroyed the local and only tavern. No other footage/photos existed as evidence of the complete structure and the pub owners were extremely grateful to be able to use it as part of their claim.
Maybe we are not such a menace after all.

Just had a conversation with the owners who advised that the dirt airstrip has been out of service for quite some time due to a trench having been dug across it to deal with water runoff from the property and won't be rectified anytime soon. When the strip was operational, they would cater for 2-3 flights a year but essentially the maintenance costs and demand outweighed the benefits.
As a side note, when I introduced myself to them, they immediately stated that drones are for spying on people and what followed was a respectful discussion and they had heard that my aerial footage had been used as part of an insurance claim following the recent fire that destroyed the local and only tavern. No other footage/photos existed as evidence of the complete structure and the pub owners were extremely grateful to be able to use it as part of their claim.
Maybe we are not such a menace after all.
Some drones are undoubtably pretty useful for spying, so are telephoto lenses, binoculars etc. it's interesting how attitudes and perceptions seem spit on the recreational drone issue.

Thank you for confirming my fears. We aren't immune in AUS from potential NFZ nightmares in areas where there is either no issue with flying or we are flying with the blessing of and/or direct cooperation with the operator.

It would be if great benefit to have some mechanism to inform DJI of NFZ they set that aren't applicable (incorrectly assigned).

I wonder how long it will be untill the motors won't start in national parks? Some areas I fly in you can go a week without even seeing a sign of another human.

Reactions: ferncfc
Some drones are undoubtably pretty useful for spying, so are telephoto lenses, binoculars etc. it's interesting how attitudes and perceptions seem spit on the recreational drone issue.

Thank you for confirming my fears. We aren't immune in AUS from potential NFZ nightmares in areas where there is either no issue with flying or we are flying with the blessing of and/or direct cooperation with the operator.

It would be if great benefit to have some mechanism to inform DJI of NFZ they set that aren't applicable (incorrectly assigned).

I wonder how long it will be untill the motors won't start in national parks? Some areas I fly in you can go a week without even seeing a sign of another human.
Interestingly enough I have just checked the No fly zone function in the GO4 app and it shows the airport in town some distance away but nothing else in the way of 'secondary type' airstrips. As for NPs, I have the Shannon NP literally behind my house and apart from advice from the local town ranger advising not to take off from within the park (no need to), he couldn't care less except to be cognisant of breeding times for the Eagles and other creatures with wings. One of my volunteer tasks for the community is to maintain the walk trails through the NPs as DPAW are less than useful and I've yet to encounter another living soul in the 10 years that I have lived here.
Maybe if I'm really quiet DJI won't be alerted to where I live and leave me alone....

I hade this same message appearing on my Phantom 4 advanced multiple times, and I was never even close to the NFZ.
Once, connection to the aircraft broke, RTH kicked in, and the aircraft started to fly away from me! I was standing on recorded home point(and I flew from exact same place day before) but RTH was leading it somewhere else?!
As aircraft was about 1,5km from me at that point, I just hade pure luck to regain the connection over the craft and stop RTH.

I'm getting this warning message all the time with my new phantom 4, but I'm not near a NFZ.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik