Curious about P4P upgrade

Reaction score
I am a land surveyor and have been using a Phantom 4 for 3D mapping. I would like to upgrade to the P4 pro for obvious reasons. Can anyone tell me if I can just buy the drone and use my current remote, batteries etc? I’m relatively sure they are the same batteries but not sure about the remote.

Good questions JP. The batteries are interchangeable. The P4P are HC batteries compared to the P4. As for the remote, I believe they are different. @msinger, can you confirm?

You can use your current batteries, but the P4 remote controller is not compatible with the P4P.

Reactions: Nickster
I am a land surveyor and have been using a Phantom 4 for 3D mapping. I would like to upgrade to the P4 pro for obvious reasons. Can anyone tell me if I can just buy the drone and use my current remote, batteries etc? I’m relatively sure they are the same batteries but not sure about the remote.

I’ve kinda hit a brick wall trying to make the leap from rough site overviews to accurate topo surveys with contours and GCPs. So many workflows and conversions to keep track off. Pulling my hair out. Can I ask you very generally what your workflow is, as far as the software and what not...

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj