CSC/Stopping/Starting motors.

I don't know, suck it and see? As you say on other Phantoms and on the standalone Naza it's various combinations that can be used. Must admit I've never tried anything other than the "default" both down and in on mine, though - and I hold throttle closed to stop, never CSC then. Seems like a safe experiment to try and fire the motors up with a variety of them, though, for anyone with dry conditions outside at the moment - that does not include me. :(

I ask because I had an unintended power-off incident yesterday, but I am 100% positive I didnt put the sticks in the CSC position shown in the Phantom Manual. But I'm in NAZA mode. I suspect in Naza mode on the P2V+ there are multiple ways to trigger the CSC. Hence pilot error...

I tried it yesterday after switching to Naza, second flight ever for me and it was fun. A bit of panic where I think I sent it off into the houses and dropped the switch to go to failsafe mode and it came back thankfully.

But after reading these threads I intentionally landed it and held the left stick down and it did indeed shut down the motors.

congrats on the good flights. Yes, the left stick down method will stop the motors only when you are on the ground, as intended. But I'm not certain that everyone who has switched to Naza mode is aware that there appear to be 4 potential stick position combinations (show here) http://www.djiguys.com/Forum/viewtopic. ... &t=454that can stop the motors mid-air which will then cause the Phantom to flip over upside down, then plummet straight into the ground.

Not a defect, but just pilot information that all who have switched to Naza mode must be aware of

does make one wonder the thought behind the engineers decision to have not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4..stick combinations to do a CSC? The benefit?

phantomguy said:
does make one wonder the thought behind the engineers decision to have not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4..stick combinations to do a CSC? The benefit?

It may be for those people that have arthritis in their thumbs? :D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj