CSC possibility with updraught on descent

Reaction score
This thought has been bugging me for ages so I'm putting it out there.
I understand that for the motor to turn off during descent it has to see no drop in altitude for 3 seconds I believe with the stick pushed down.
Well IN THEORY if there was a freak weather system and it provided and uplift equal to the descent ratio and thus with the stick down for 3 seconds and the winds was holding the drone in position for this time then in theory would the motors power off?
This bugs the hell out of me.

This thought has been bugging me for ages so I'm putting it out there.
I understand that for the motor to turn off during descent it has to see no drop in altitude for 3 seconds I believe with the stick pushed down.
Well IN THEORY if there was a freak weather system and it provided and uplift equal to the descent ratio and thus with the stick down for 3 seconds and the winds was holding the drone in position for this time then in theory would the motors power off?
1. If you ever hand catch you notice that you can't shut down the motors unless you can hold the Phantom steady with no wobbling. It's not just no altitude drop that matters but also no movement detected by the gyros and/or accelerometers.
2. You won't find conditions that would allow the Phantom to sit in the air so stable for three seconds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic