CSC Command

Reaction score
lets say just in theory that someone went 3000 ft in the air and decided to hit the csc command and let it fall a thousand feet and then hit the csc to turn it on again. what would happen? if the drone ended up falling upside down would it correct itself if in gps mode? how long would it take to recover, how likely, thanks

The answer is most likely no. It wouldn't make it. BUT I've seen a video on YouTube around a year ago where a guy was experimenting this in his backyard and out of around 10 tries, ONCE he actually was able to restart it in midair.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

wouldnt it restart if i hit the csc command? or is it that its in the air and the programming wont allow it to start in the air?

I think it would restart and providing its the right way up it should be ok depending on how close you were to the ground on restart but I wouldn't try it though unless I was very rich and could afford to try thinks like that and didn't mind trashing a few

it looked promising. it also looked like it took all that altitude to complete. i just wonder suppose it started twisting or flipping violently if it could pull out of it

i want to see one twist and turn and know if it can level out
My cheap Syma XC5 can do this. It's interesting if the Phantoms can't, but I can see the weight difference being an issue.

Reactions: notsolowki
the other day iw as flying my drone and decided to fly above the log fog clouds. soo i noticed i was 5000 ft away when i was supposed to be more like 20 ft away. i thought for sure it was a goner because of the 30 mph wind gusts. thankfully i made it back with 2 percent battery to spare. the scariest part was ascending with 3 percent battery to spare from 500m i was really close to restarting it in the air to loose some altitude but i didnt. 1200ft away 500m 13 percent battery

the other day iw as flying my drone and decided to fly above the log fog clouds. soo i noticed i was 5000 ft away when i was supposed to be more like 20 ft away. i thought for sure it was a goner because of the 30 mph wind gusts. thankfully i made it back with 2 percent battery to spare. the scariest part was ascending with 3 percent battery to spare from 500m i was really close to restarting it in the air to loose some altitude but i didnt. 1200ft away 500m 13 percent battery
That was cutting it a bit fine

My Phantom 3 Pro is back from having a new gimbal fitted under warranty. I'm testing it inside without props and have found that if I pull the left stick fully down for a few seconds the aircraft turns itself off!! I thought that a CSC had to be used to turn the aircraft off. What's to say that while I'm flying, I do the same and stall the aircraft. WTF!!!

My Phantom 3 Pro is back from having a new gimbal fitted under warranty. I'm testing it inside without props and have found that if I pull the left stick fully down for a few seconds the aircraft turns itself off!! I thought that a CSC had to be used to turn the aircraft off. What's to say that while I'm flying, I do the same and stall the aircraft. WTF!!!

Pulling the left stick down for a few seconds (while on the ground) will turn off the motors because the craft doesn't detect a decline in altitude. It's the simplest way to land.

If you pull the left stick down while in flight the motors will not stop. The CSC command to shut off the motors is now left stick inner lower corner and RTH button at the same time. At least that's what it is on the Phantom 4.

Last edited:
The CSC command to shut off the motors is now left stick inner lower corner and RTH button at the same time. At least that's what it is on the Phantom 4.
The CSC command has not changed for the P3P. However, if you're running the latest firmware, you have to hold the CSC position for 3 seconds in order to kill the motors mid-flight.

Reactions: notsolowki

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20