csc and streaming issue

Reaction score
P3S, newbie, I need to figure out what to do.
At about 200ft UP (no range out) I lose video on my phone.
The drone will go to 400ft and I can still tell it to RTH via the phone,
but the video is frozen. It continues to record but is not streaming to phone.

I also have a CSC issue. Pushing both sticks in & down or out & down does nothing. It won't start.
I must use the phone to start it. Sticks were calibrated and otherwise work.

Any ideas?

First off, straight up above you is the worse scenario for signal problems. send the p3 out several hundred feet and then the altitude you desire.
Re; CSC failure, I've had this problem several times, and solved it by shutting down both tx and ac, and then force closing the app(Android) and then restarting tx,ac and then app in that order. This solves a lot of issues with video transmission.

What LED color has the rear pair of motor arms? Are they green blinking? If not then the AC will stay on the ground.
The phone,what model is it iOS or android? How much RAM is build in?

OK, it may be a phone thing or it may be a wifi thing. I tried it with my nexus 7 but I also told the Nexus to forget my house wifi connection, and it did not disconnect. It seems wifi won't reconnect if there isn't an internet connection. I wonder if that is an option or automatic function. So if it loses the Phantom connection and is set to auto connect with my local wifi, it must be just switching over. More research needed.
Don't know what I did for the CSC but that started working also.
The phone does not have a lot of RAM available. It is Android, 5.1. Nexus is 6.0.1 with lots of RAM
When it would not respond to CSC yesterday I was able to launch with the display. I didn't observe the leds, so it is still mysterious. But it appears to be a control issue and not a malfunction, which was my concern.
thanks Peter

Last edited:
Stuka thx, yes straight up takes it right out of the donut wave front of the monopole. Next time I'll try it with the antenna horizontal. But then the Nexus didn't lose it so the phone must be weaker on the wifi also. Need to experiment more. I am building a mount for the nexus 7 so maybe next time I will have that functional.
Since it was the next time I flew it, everything was cycled, so CSC worked. I wouldn't call that a fix, the root cause is still there, whatever that is. Maybe it didn't stop properly so it didn't get the message to allow that fct again. ????

Stuka thx, yes straight up takes it right out of the donut wave front of the monopole. Next time I'll try it with the antenna horizontal. But then the Nexus didn't lose it so the phone must be weaker on the wifi also. Need to experiment more. I am building a mount for the nexus 7 so maybe next time I will have that functional.
Since it was the next time I flew it, everything was cycled, so CSC worked. I wouldn't call that a fix, the root cause is still there, whatever that is. Maybe it didn't stop properly so it didn't get the message to allow that fct again. ????
Is always good to get the ac out in front of you.. Over your head is hard to view, hard on neck, and can give poor signal. Especially if your 70 years old!
The phone/tablet quality(ram=1.5+gb) makes a a big difference. Be sure all other phones./tablets that have been connected to the ac have their wifi turned off. the p3 wifi will connect to more than one device causing conflict. found out the hard way when during a glitchy flight I was getting voice prompts from my pocket where my phone was. found out the p3 was connected to both the phone and tablet.

Stuka thx, yes straight up takes it right out of the donut wave front of the monopole.
That antenna is for the 5.8GHz control signal and has nothing to do with the video feed. The 2.4GHz WiFi signal (video/telemetry) uses 2 patch antennas inside the RC, to the left and right of the 5.8GHz antenna. Make sure they are not covered or obstructed, and keep the RC pointed toward the AC for best results.

Regarding your device, put it in airplane mode then turn on WiFi and connect to the P3S. Close all apps but DJI GO. Uninstalling or disabling apps you never use is also recommended. Lastly, an app like CCleaner can also be useful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen