Cruising with the Phantom - follow me

Reaction score
I decided to bring the bird out during my Sunday ride and test the 'follow me' mode. It worked flawlessly!
Enjoy!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Watch on youtube for HD version.

Cheers!

That turned out great. Was that with the DJI Go app or something else? Cool that it was actually in front of you. Did you have to limit your speed so that you wouldn't pull out of frame? I noticed you tilted the gimbal down.

Thank you! i was very pleased with the 'follow me' mode. I used the DJI GO app. You can set any position you like :) . We decided to stay under 30mph, so the bird can keep up.
Cheers!

Reactions: dysan911
I didn't realize you could "follow me" from in front. Good to know. I'm even more excited to go give it a try now...

I'm interested in the logistics. Were you able to do this on an open road and how did you take up and land? Nice job!

I didn't realize you could "follow me" from in front. Good to know. I'm even more excited to go give it a try now...
i found that out 5 minutes before is started the bird.....glad i did ...it looks much better from the front view...Thanks!!!

I'm interested in the logistics. Were you able to do this on an open road and how did you take up and land? Nice job!
Thanks!! the logistic was not bad at all. As long all riders stay together. I took off at the beginning of the dam, setup 'follow me' , got on the bike and off we rolled. Once we got to the other side, i flipped the switch so i could get full control again. It worked flawlessly.

I have more project (test) coming up....follow my youtube channel!

Cheers!

Reactions: jcknows0
Did you have your RC mounted on the bike somehow as well? Like just bungee wrapped to the handlebars or something?

i found that out 5 minutes before is started the bird.....glad i did ...it looks much better from the front view...Thanks!!!

So did you just start with it in front of the bike pointed at the bike and as you moved it flew backwards?

Reactions: phantomlova
Nice job. That's where the "Follow me " does its job. Good video and test.

Reactions: phantomlova

Follow Me mode is different with the P3. You set the P3 where you want it to be in relationship to the controller and it maintains that perspective. To you right, left, behind or in front... it maintains that relationship to the controller.

Reactions: Cerone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.