Crooked camera and gimbal

Reaction score
My Phantom 4 suffered a mild crash into a tree top, leaves and small branches only. No damage except one broken prop and now the camera and gimbal seem to point to the right. I have done all the calibrations with no change. During flight, I can see the edge of the right forward motor and prop. Is there anyway to fix this? I thought about removing the gimbal to have a look but I don't want to mess up anything else. I have never had the drone apart and not sure if trying that would be worthwhile.

Any experience with this anyone?

Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Attachments

• Phantom Gimbal .jpg
    Phantom Gimbal .jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 390
Now, turn on the obstacle avoidance. lol

I do feel for you. Watch out for stress cracks.
In Oct. I was flying 100 ft. from me down a wooded path and started getting the green screen stuff. I clip a tree trunk with a prop. (Where was obstacle avoidance for me?) I was about 5 ft. off the ground and barely moving. It fell in light brush and leaves. One prop broke and it flew great after replacing the prop. It really made me sick. I baby my P4 and have never touched a leaf or landed hard since. 3 months later the stress cracks started showing up. First, the landing gears, then the body in 4 places. One is up the middle underneath the battery which freaks me out. I figured DJI would laugh at me if I reported it to them. So, I did the super glue thing.
My P3 seemed indestructible. Full speed into a trailer gate and still no cracks.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Jim you can adjust the gimbal roll in the settings, have you tried that?
Alan, yes I did that several times.. It works perfectly until I turn it off, then it goes back to the way it was. Seems like I'm missing something, like saving the settings??
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

My guess is the yaw arm is bent. Fairly easy fix
Ted, that sounds likely. You said an easy fix, can you tell me how? I can probably find a video on YouTube but if you know how, I'd appreciate the advice!

Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Ted, that sounds likely. You said an easy fix, can you tell me how? I can probably find a video on YouTube but if you know how, I'd appreciate the advice!

Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
Look carefully at the yaw arm. It shouldn't have any bends or be twisted. New yaw arms are available on eBay or Amazon. You are right, plenty of YouTube videos

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31