Critically low voltage

Reaction score
Got this message today. Took off for a very short flight with 55% battery. Got about 13 meters up when I got the message and it went right into auto-land. When I looked at the flight record on the DJI GO APP there was nothing there. Now I'm not sure what to do about this battery. Ant suggestons?

Got this message today. Took off for a very short flight with 55% battery. Got about 13 meters up when I got the message and it went right into auto-land. When I looked at the flight record on the DJI GO APP there was nothing there. Now I'm not sure what to do about this battery. Ant suggestons?
Yes - first, don't take off with a 55% battery. Second, how old is it, and how many flights to date?

Reactions: pomonabill220
I'm not sure what to do about this battery. Ant suggestons?
You should charge the battery completely before flying.

When you perform a maneuver that requires the Phantom to do a lot of work (e.g. a steep incline after taking off), the battery voltage will temporarily dip. When the battery is low, that causes the voltage to sometimes dip down to a dangerous level (~3.3V). The Phantom detects when that happens and counteracts it by trying to safely land at its current location.

Last edited:
Is it one of those cheap non-OEM batteries? I buy onlyl DJI approved parts and batteries. My cousin bought one of those Non-OEM batteries on the Internet. He only paid $89.00 for it. The LED lights are not as bright as they should be, and it doesn't last as long as the original. You can't see the battery condition lights if it is more than 10 feet away from you.

Last edited:

charge it prior to flight!

that is all you need to do
a battery sitting unused will discharge and the % charge level at that point is a wild *** guessimate.

never fly with a battery at 55% unless you started the day full and have simply landed a bit .
even then I personally swap batteries at every landing no matter the duration of flight.

Reactions: pomonabill220
The plan was to take 2 pics of the roof of my house, no more than 2 minutes of air time. Didn't think 55% would be an issue for such a short flight. The battery has about 80 flights and is OEM. It obviously self discharged to 55% cause it had sat for about 2 weeks. Still surprised I got the message.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj