"Critical Error" on camera.

Reaction score
I'm sure the answer must be here somewhere but I cannot even find the Search feature on this board. What hope is there for me fixing my bird I wonder?!

My last flight went flawlessly and the post flight checklist was completed without issue. Now I've done my pre flight and find the following issues:

1. The LED on the front of the camera is solid red. The manual has this as a 'Critical Error'.
2. DJI Vision App reports no SD card installed.
3. The screen is black, so no video feed.
4. I attached the camera to the PC and the SD card does not show.
5. I have no control of the gimbal from the app.

A positive is that when I powered the bird, the gimbal did go through its normal little dance so it just seems to be a camera problem.

All firmware is up to date and I have checked that all cables are firmly attached. Where do I go from here please?

Just my luck that I had two Phantoms but passed one to my step son last week! Now this.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

Although my firmware was showing as 'up to date', I decided to reinstall it for the camera and this has fixed my problem. I hope that this update helps anybody checking out the thread in the future.

As a matter of interest, my SD card needed formatting and I had to do this in the PC as i was not able to access the camera. I had read somewhere that the SD card should be formatted in the camera but it seemed to work OK for me in the PC.

Reactions: crash1sttime
PROBLEM SOLVED.

Although my firmware was showing as 'up to date', I decided to reinstall it for the camera and this has fixed my problem. I hope that this update helps anybody checking out the thread in the future.

As a matter of interest, my SD card needed formatting and I had to do this in the PC as i was not able to access the camera. I had read somewhere that the SD card should be formatted in the camera but it seemed to work OK for me in the PC.
Could you tell me more details please, same problem

Sorry to hear you're having that problem. I fixed mine by following the instructions in this excellent YT video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Good luck.

Reactions: marcespinoza

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.