Critcal battery error

Reaction score
I have around 50 charges and on several occasions I have got a critical power error when I have 25+%. Could it have anything to due with the cold weather right now? On the go app my battery cells are in green and all say 3.7v

What firmware are you running? The latest one had improvements for cold weather flying and updates the batteries as part of it.

I had this same issue. My unit auto landed beyond my control with 30% battery saying "Critical battery".

The lowest it got was 3.4v per cell mid flight (climb up to above tree line).

..no one has yet to provide a reason as to why in my other thread addressing the issue. I'm mind boggled as well. I only assume that around 3.2-3.5 volts it considers the voltage to be "critical"? That's my assumption

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-03%20at%2012.32.00%20PM_zpsjupmqb83.png

I had this same issue. My unit auto landed beyond my control with 30% battery saying "Critical battery".

The lowest it got was 3.4v per cell mid flight (climb up to above tree line).

..no one has yet to provide a reason as to why in my other thread addressing the issue. I'm mind boggled as well. I only assume that around 3.2-3.5 volts it considers the voltage to be "critical"? That's my assumption

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-03%20at%2012.32.00%20PM_zpsjupmqb83.png

This ongoing issue seems to be a trend of late. Like you said, nobody can come up with a solid answer other than asking common questions about outside temp, did you charge it just before flying, version of firmware, etc.

This doesn't give me any confidence to fly my P3A until spring.... (4 months from now)....

This ongoing issue seems to be a trend of late. Like you said, nobody can come up with a solid answer other than asking common questions about outside temp, did you charge it just before flying, version of firmware, etc.

This doesn't give me any confidence to fly my P3A until spring.... (4 months from now)....
The newest firmware has addressed this problem... have you updated? If so, no worries.

Reactions: 0DRK3RT
I just updated but no I am getting a loss of signal, this thing is not very reliable.

Delete /reinstall the go app.

I was having this problem almost every flight before the firmware update, haven't had that error since. It usually seemed to happen around 50% battery for me, and usually below 20 deg F.

Just curiosity: How does the new battery FW senses the environment temperature and warns of low charge?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1