Cripple Creek, Colorado

Well done! Two comments: avoid getting the Phantom shadow in the video image, and slow down a little when flying around the large mining structures so that we get more than just a glimpse of them. Thanks for showing me a place I've heard about for decades but have never visited.

Are you local? I live in Woodland Park. I'm planning on coming up when the leaves turn.

Jesse

Great Pumpkin said:
Well done! Two comments: avoid getting the Phantom shadow in the video image, and slow down a little when flying around the large mining structures so that we get more than just a glimpse of them. Thanks for showing me a place I've heard about for decades but have never visited.

Great Pumpkin: Thanks for the input! I'm undecided on the Phantom shadow. I kind of like seeing it occasionally if for no other reason to remind the viewer how these images are captured. I'd love to get some more input on that subject if anyone cares to weigh in. I agree I could do a better job pivoting around the structures although couldn't I just slow the video down and get much the same effect? And then it boils down to time: I like to keep the videos something less than 4 minutes long. I had to cut from about 45 minutes of flight time. Maybe show fewer structures?

Jesse_M said:
Are you local? I live in Woodland Park. I'm planning on coming up when the leaves turn.

Jesse

Yes, Jesse, I'm local (Colorado Springs area.) You should be able to get some great footage when the aspens start turning, most likely in a couple weeks. Unfortunately I'm going to miss the opportunity this year as I'll be traveling. I'd like to see what you shoot so please upload it.

Silverminer said:
Great Pumpkin said:

Great Pumpkin: Thanks for the input! I'm undecided on the Phantom shadow. I kind of like seeing it occasionally if for no other reason to remind the viewer how these images are captured. I'd love to get some more input on that subject if anyone cares to weigh in. I agree I could do a better job pivoting around the structures although couldn't I just slow the video down and get much the same effect? And then it boils down to time: I like to keep the videos something less than 4 minutes long. I had to cut from about 45 minutes of flight time. Maybe show fewer structures?
I also like the phantom shadows but maybe only once, like at the beggining of the vid. Very nice.

Having the Phantom shadow takes some of the mystique out of the video. "How did you do that?!?" Ah, that's my secret. On the other hand, there are three rules of videos: The first is: "It is MY video." The second is: "It is MY video." And the third rule is: "It is MY video." You can do as you darn well please, because in the end, it is YOU whom you have to please! Continue the good work and continue to share it with us.

Great Pumpkin said:
Having the Phantom shadow takes some of the mystique out of the video. "How did you do that?!?" Ah, that's my secret. On the other hand, there are three rules of videos: The first is: "It is MY video." The second is: "It is MY video." And the third rule is: "It is MY video." You can do as you darn well please, because in the end, it is YOU whom you have to please! Continue the good work and continue to share it with us.

You make a valid point about not giving away your secrets. Thanks for the advice and encouragement. I've had lots of hobbies but this is by far my favorite (and much less painful than most I've tried over the years.)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr