Creating waypoints on the go in Litchi

Reaction score
Hi friends,

Apologies in advance if this is a dumb question, but I just got Litchi and am still trying to figure out how to, or if I can, create waypoints on the go like you can in the DJI Go app.

I can create a mission and waypoints by tapping the map with no problem. But I want to be able to fly to Point X, and create that as a start point for the mission. The fly to the next point (Y) and set that as the first waypoint, then keep flying and creating waypoints. Save it, then have the phantom go back and run the route.

It seems like I can only do that my tapping on the map, which isn't very precise while the drone is in mid-flight. Is there any equivalent to the DJI Go app's "Create waypoint" button?

What Phantom do you fly?
If Adv or Pro you can have 2 different custom functions, for the C1 (left) and C2 (right) custom keys.
You can also bind 2 different custom function to C1 Long press and C2 Long press.

Copied from the help section on the Litchi website - Waypoint at Aircraft (Waypoint): In Waypoint mode, adds a waypoint at the aircraft location. The newly added waypoint will have its altitude, heading and gimbal pitch angle automatically set to the current aircraft altitude, heading and gimbal pitch angle.

Thanks CRF. That's exactly what I was looking for. But how do you set a waypoint at aircraft? I checked the lychee website all over and couldn't find any instructions on how to do that.

I have the Standard so I don't have the option of pressing a button on my RC to set a waypoint at aircraft.
I'm guessing in settings you would go to "keys" and select what function you want the C1 & C2 buttons to do.

Does anyone know how to set a waypoint in flight or program the buttons to do so on a P3P?

I have the exact question. I am flying within a site that used to be completely wooded with many tall trees. I'd like to fly along the new treeline, which doesn't exist in mission hub or any other mapping site. I'd like to fly to an exact position and input that as a waypoint. I can't risk flying into a tree. It looks like someone above mentioned that keybinding your C1 or C2 key (in the keys menu) will allow this. I own a phantom 3 pro so I'll confirm that when I get home.

This was taken from the Litchi cookbook. You can find it in their help section.
POI Method

General Settings
Set Custom Button 1 to "Waypoint at Aircraft"
Set Custom Button 2 to "POI at Aircraft"
Mission Settings
Set Cruising Speed to 0 and RC Speed to the highest speed you want the aircraft to travel.
Set Default Gimbal Pitch to "Focus POI"
Steps
Fly the Phantom to the Waypoint 1 location and press Custom Button 1.
Fly the Phantom to the POI location associated with the Waypoint 1 and press Custom Button 2
Fly the Phantom to the Waypoint 2 location and press Custom Button 1
Fly the Phantom to the POI location associated with the Waypoint 2 and press Custom Button 2
Run the mission.
Note : Rotation defaults to the shortest path but can be modified in Mission Settings.

Some additional thoughts. I understand that the desire is to create a mission while in flight to avoid obstacles, i.e., trees. This sounds like a good idea, but consider that if you each press of C1 is just setting a waypoint, not a path. In other words, if you flew an arc to get to your first waypoint and did so to avoid an obstacle, you will hit that obstacle when you run the mission. You need a number of waypoints, with or without combined curved turns, to navigate around the obstacle.

See two attached samples.
059e4ec2c97168a0798b7610328401a0.jpg
3f9f6365fa6634aadef89588960ad659.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I tried it today, it's so easy. The C1 and C2 buttons are 'waypoint' and 'point of interest' by default. Travelers point of multiple points to avoid obstacles makes perfect sense...hopefully obvious.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4