Crazy camera footage.

Reaction score
I shot a video along the beach today. It was quite bright and I had the P3 camera set to auto. I was shooting a long line of people holding hands for the Hands across the Sand event. I was flying sideways and the camera was facing the people. Here is what was strange. The individuals looked jittery while the background of the ocean and people there were stable. From my photography background I am assuming it has something to do with shutter speed. I am shooting at 24FPS and edit that way too. When the P3 stops flying. the people in line look great. No ideas why.
Thanks,

Phil H.

I'm pretty new at his myself, but got the same thing at 24 fps. It's much better at 30, and assume continued improvement above that.

Reactions: Phil H
Shooting at 24fps you need a shutter speed of twice that, or near 50. You'll need to use a ND filter and set to manual mode to roll it down that far.

Reactions: Phil H and Tink
I try to never fly in auto.

Always set iso to 100 and shutter speed twice your recording FPS. then use your exposure meter and add ND until it get close to 0. +.3 or so is fine. But the 2x shutter speed is ideal to mimic our natural motion blur.

Reactions: Phil H and Tink

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj