Crashed Vision 2 +

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am tried to read many boards and finally got a hold of this one. Can someone please tell me if there is a replacement shell for the Vision 2 +. I crashed mine and now one of the arm is bent on the tip. I used heat to set it straight again but it has a .5 mm difference between its other arms. I am going to test it tomorrow to see how it goes. In the mean while I contacted the DJI representatives in India asking them for a new shell. First they said it was available, but after the weekend they said it will take 10-15 days for it to arrive as its out of stock. They also assured me that they would change the shell for me.

I am anxious to know if the new shell will be a genuine DJI product? Is it possible to change the shell. I have seen shell replacement for the vision, but none for the vision +. Any one with a similar experience please share or direct me to a thread that has already addressed this problem.

Yes...most all large dealers carry them around $60.

Try not to deal with the DJI reps in India as they might replace some of your internal components. It shouldn't be too hard to do it yourself.

I thought I saw replacement shells on eBay a while back, so you may want to check that out.

As far as taking it apart, if you haven't had the top portion off, go ahead at remove it. Three allen head screws on each leg and one Phillips head screw at the end of each leg. Once off, just unplug the GPS wire and you're good to go.
There was a video on Youtube that would really help you. A complete shell swap, with very good detail on the process. The one part that is tricky is removing the Naza unit from what it's mounted to. I believe they used double-sided tape, so you have to pry it off. Everything else uses screws. Not a very hard job, if you're at all handy.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it. I was really anxious about the crash. But looks like crash is not a big deal with these things as many things are replaceable. I'll post you guys on how it goes. Any other pointers to a new vision user would be great. Thanks a lot once again guys. Cheers

I think thats the first p2v+ crash I've read of that didnt mention the camera and gimbal being smashed up. You're very lucky. Yes as said above, changing the shell should be no problem at all. Just follow the youtube videos

I trained my videographer on flying mine and he crashed it taking video of my son's wedding. I replaced the shell (about 4 hours including watching videos and taking pictures) and I replaced the gimbal/camera assembly. Once she was flying again, I took her to the spot where she crashed to get additional footage for the wedding video. Wouldn't you know it, I crashed in the same spot. Here's the video. Not proud, but happy it only cost me 2 props this time. It landed in a fluffy plant with no damage to the gimbal and camera.
http://youtu.be/e81rqtHrbEs
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e81rqtHrbEs[/youtube]

So question, I'm guessing you can use the same shell for the vision and the vision 2 +.

Also can someone direct me to a reliable YouTube video that walks us through the shell changing process.

MOHIT1985 said:
Hi guys, I am tried to read many boards and finally got a hold of this one. Can someone please tell me if there is a replacement shell for the Vision 2 +. I crashed mine and now one of the arm is bent on the tip. I used heat to set it straight again but it has a .5 mm difference between its other arms. I am going to test it tomorrow to see how it goes. In the mean while I contacted the DJI representatives in India asking them for a new shell. First they said it was available, but after the weekend they said it will take 10-15 days for it to arrive as its out of stock. They also assured me that they would change the shell for me.

I am anxious to know if the new shell will be a genuine DJI product? Is it possible to change the shell. I have seen shell replacement for the vision, but none for the vision +. Any one with a similar experience please share or direct me to a thread that has already addressed this problem.
Look underneath the top shell... If it says: MADE IN INDIA, then it is not genuine. Should say: MADE IN CHINA

MOHIT1985 said:
So question, I'm guessing you can use the same shell for the vision and the vision 2 +.

Also can someone direct me to a reliable YouTube video that walks us through the shell changing process.

The shell is identical for the Vision 2 and the Vision 2+. I don't know about the original Vision. Here's where I ordered it:

RcCarMax-Home of Walkera Esky RC Helicopter
------------------------------------------------------
Date Ordered: Friday 13 June, 2014
Products

1 x DJI Phantom 2 Vision Part #08 Shell () = $59.00

Sub-Total: $59.00
United States Postal Service (Priority Mail): $16.10
Total: $75.10

Thanks guys appreciate the help. This is an amazing forum especially if you are new to flying the vision. Some of the fly away/crash stories, just reading about them makes me nervous. Its a good place to come and remind your self about the things that can go wrong. Its easy to get carried away flying this thing.

I am glad that my bent arm is not a problem that is fixed. After a couple of test flights everything seems to be responding correctly. I also installed the prop guards for extra security. Happy flier for now. But man what a scare that was.

Update on the new shell: Heard back from the DJI Support, they said I should not change the shell by myself and should send it to the nearest support center which I am ok with as soon as they have the replacement shell.

In the mean while I have started to save up money for any damages that might occur while flying, specially a replacement gimbal and camera. or if I can last long enough the next model of the vision. I read somewhere, sooner or later there is a strong possibility that you may loose/ damage it. The least I can do is be financially prepared.

MOHIT1985 said:
Thanks guys appreciate the help. This is an amazing forum especially if you are new to flying the vision. Some of the fly away/crash stories, just reading about them makes me nervous.

Update on the new shell: Heard back from the DJI Support, they said I should not change the shell by myself and should send it to the nearest support center which I am ok with as soon as they have the replacement shell.

Mohit, I was able to change out my shell. I did buy a good screwdriver for the small phillips screws and a 2mm hex drive for hex screws. If you are interested, go slow and take pictures, you should be ok. The one spot I got stuck was the transceiver. It is attached with double-sided tape and it is pretty scary prying it off. There are now videos on line of shell replacements. I admit I was nervous when I flew after the change-out and maybe a little surprised when it flew perfectly. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic