Crashed today, gimble/camera not responding to remote

Reaction score
Crashed my P3A today, it bent one of the 4 arms, prop when running is hitting the body, so I assume all I need is a new shell? Also, the camera/gimble is unresponsive to the remote. I found it was "stuck" in position, and gently freed it. But now it appears to be upside down, and still not responsive to remote signals. Also it's getting very hot quickly while turned on. I don't want to force it in the correct position if I don't have to. When the bird is on, and the gimble is loose like it is now, it's wildly moving back and forth, trying to position itself I'd guess. Any ideas on all of this?

Attachments

• 20151111_181824.jpg
    20151111_181824.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 321
Crashed my P3A today, it bent one of the 4 arms, prop when running is hitting the body, so I assume all I need is a new shell? Also, the camera/gimble is unresponsive to the remote. I found it was "stuck" in position, and gently freed it. But now it appears to be upside down, and still not responsive to remote signals. Also it's getting very hot quickly while turned on. I don't want to force it in the correct position if I don't have to. When the bird is on, and the gimble is loose like it is now, it's wildly moving back and forth, trying to position itself I'd guess. Any ideas on all of this?
You probably have some ribbon cable damage and are looking at a new shell and gimbal rebuild or replacement.. Check with @hunch, he is and expert on these repairs.

UAV Repair Shop is another good place to call if you want to get it repaired.

On that website link, it says if you crashed your UAV cost is $800-$1000?? I can buy a new one for that

Ah. I see what you mean. He's just listing the types of UAVs he can repair. Those are not prices.

Where on the site or where can I buy another for that price? I paid $996 for mine, and towards the bottom of the website

how difficult is that
Replacing the shell will be the easiest part. The problem with the camera is that you won't know what's wrong unless you have experience diagnosing P3 camera issues (like Hani and Hunch). Replacing the cable is something most people could do, but the cable is likely not the problem unless it's severed and/or appears to be damaged.

If it's just a matter of replacing ribbons, how difficult is that?
It will require some disassembly of the Gimbal mount, removing the old cable and replacing the new. You probably would at least want to watch a video on the process.

Thanks for all the info. I think I'll just give that guy a call and let him check it out. On an unrelated topic, why can't I view my flight logs from within the Dji Go app? I found the text files on my device, but when I go into the app it shows nothing

I got lucky, tinkered with the cam a little more and got it upright, it's responding to the remote signals again. Got a new shell ordered, thanks for all the help and info

Reactions: hunch and bobmyers

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20