Crashed, repaired, still won't connect

Reaction score
I crashed my P3S a week ago. After crash, bird would still fly, but no camera feed. Camera would pan up, down, left, right. Camera was also cocked off center.

Opened it up and found the problem.
b27a71330616d8f47397ce99f1049460.jpg

Or so I thought. That's the wifi cable from camera to ESC. Bought and replaced. Which required just short of full disassembly.
8f0986c3ec7382421b08cae58ee7e3ad.jpg

Upon reassembly, save the top shell and GPS, and booting up, still no camera feed. Gimbal sounds as if it's trying to move. A constant slight buzz? Also, camera is still responsive to controls. I couldn't get the bird to fire up though. I may have been impatient and not had it warm enough. I honestly felt like it should have been long enough, but obviously I couldn't tell on app because no connection.

As I type that, I realize what I'm saying may not be fully explaining my symptoms. I have no camera feed Along with bird is "Disconnected" on the DJI GO app. So no parameters are reading either.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I had the same problem after a crash. The camera got pretty well smashed along with the Base plate with the electronics board. Stripped down examined wiring to the camera all seemed good. Bought a replacement as £200+ for a camera and not knowing if it would fix the problem. Removed smashed camera etc and a/c still flies. I just don't get any information from a/c. RTH when I switch off the controller. I did post on here a while back but didn't resolve the problem.

Sent from my STV100-4 using PhantomPilots mobile app

From what I'm reading, it seems like my ESC may be damaged?

But you never got your original working? Do you have camera feed?

I crashed my P3S a week ago. After crash, bird would still fly, but no camera feed. Camera would pan up, down, left, right. Camera was also cocked off center.

Opened it up and found the problem.
b27a71330616d8f47397ce99f1049460.jpg

Or so I thought. That's the wifi cable from camera to ESC. Bought and replaced. Which required just short of full disassembly.
8f0986c3ec7382421b08cae58ee7e3ad.jpg

Upon reassembly, save the top shell and GPS, and booting up, still no camera feed. Gimbal sounds as if it's trying to move. A constant slight buzz? Also, camera is still responsive to controls. I couldn't get the bird to fire up though. I may have been impatient and not had it warm enough. I honestly felt like it should have been long enough, but obviously I couldn't tell on app because no connection.

As I type that, I realize what I'm saying may not be fully explaining my symptoms. I have no camera feed Along with bird is "Disconnected" on the DJI GO app. So no parameters are reading either.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I had a problem with my P3s while back with the disconnect message kept coming up. I simply re loaded the Go app off of the original shipping box....disconnect problem went away

From what I'm reading, it seems like my ESC may be damaged?

But you never got your original working? Do you have camera feed?

No it never connected. Just says weak signal. I was thinking of unplugging the camera on my new drone and connecting the damaged camera to see if it connects. Seems like I have to strip down the camera unit to get the damaged camera near enough to plug in.

BTW instead of breaking the suspension pins to separate the camera unit from the Base plate, push the circular clips to compress the rubber bellows and leave for a few minutes. They should then be able to pull off and in time the clips return to their normal position and can be re-used.

Sent from my STV100-4 using PhantomPilots mobile app

The kicker is DJI GO says "remote connected. Connect aircraft." I'm redownloading the app as I type. Gonna give that another try.

But I'm about ready to buy a new ESC and be done. (Because I have sneaky suspicion that's the problem). I wanna fly.

The kicker is DJI GO says "remote connected. Connect aircraft." I'm redownloading the app as I type. Gonna give that another try.

But I'm about ready to buy a new ESC and be done. (Because I have sneaky suspicion that's the problem). I wanna fly.

If by ESC you mean the motherboard then I would say go ahead and try another one. But remember that the wifi module is in the gimbal/camera

If by ESC you mean the motherboard then I would say go ahead and try another one. But remember that the wifi module is in the gimbal/camera

Is it replaceable?! Or do I need a new camera assembly? I'll try a module before I get a new motherboard. (I thought my terminology was correct, but I'm very new to UAVs).

Reactions: Philltayl
Is it replaceable?! Or do I need a new camera assembly? I'll try a module before I get a new motherboard. (I thought my terminology was correct, but I'm very new to UAVs).

The term ESC stands for Electronic Speed Controller, which on the P3S are part of the motherboard, there are 4 of them , 1 for each motor. I doubt that that is causing your issue with no camera connect. :)

The term ESC stands for Electronic Speed Controller, which on the P3S are part of the motherboard, there are 4 of them , 1 for each motor. I doubt that that is causing your issue with no camera connect. :)

Hey I'm perfectly ok with being wrong. I love learning. Lol.

Honestly I'm just glad to be getting some directions. I got discouraged after the cable didn't fix it.

So is the module replaceable? I did a search for it before I bought the cable set, but couldn't pin one down. Do you know where to get one?

Wait. I lied. I remember finding it now on Helipal, but it says Phantom 3 4K. Any idea if this is same as P3S?

It's looking like I'm going to ordering a new camera assembly now. I can't find the P3S wifi module listed anywhere. Also, after further examination I noticed this
f8485d415fd7c8be736b4bd328cf0feb.jpg

Doesn't look terrible. But don't look right. Any advice before I make the purchase? Something else I should check?

I assume that you can connect to the 'Phantom' network with the GO app.

What versions have you got for the app and on the P3?

V3.1.2 on the app. I don't know what's on the bird. Would that be on the box? Because I haven't updated from what it came with.

Yes I can connect to the network no problem. And both antennas are secure, camera end and antenna end.

V3.1.2 on the app. I don't know what's on the bird. Would that be on the box? Because I haven't updated from what it came with.

Yes I can connect to the network no problem. And both antennas are secure, camera end and antenna end.

V3.1.2 of app does appear to have some issues. I suggest you go back to V2.8.1 and try to connect

V3.1.2 of app does appear to have some issues. I suggest you go back to V2.8.1 and try to connect

That could prove to be harder than expected. I'm on iOS. I googled to try and find the older file, but it keeps opening up iTunes to the newer version

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers