Crashed phantom 3 - can you buy a replacement copter only?

Reaction score
Hi, I crashed my phantom 3 professional into a freshwater lake a week ago - I am still unable to find it. Doesnt anyone sell a replacement copter only? Obviously I still have the controller - and charger! So I dont need to replace the whole set, only the copter. It seems dki will only sell a replacement. I wrote and after a week they said ship them the controller so that will prove I bought the system. Then they would sell me a replacement for almost $900. Thats absurd, the prices of the new controllers I have seen and a charger are almost $500. It seems more than half the cost of a set is the controller and charger. Anyone have any idea?

That's your only option if you want a new Phantom. You might be able to find a used Phantom on eBay if you don't care if it's brand new.

yea i just think thats stupid, lots of people on here crash these things, its inevitable, so why wont they sell only a replacement copter is my question. Seems the value of the remote and charger are over half the value of the set.

You make a good point -- but, it is what it is. It seems you'll make out best if you purchase a new Phantom and sell your old remote controller.

Reactions: AmosMoses
Oh yea sawxthat but doesn't have camera or gimbal. If they sold whole thing w camera and gimbal then would be worthwhile but whe kits 999 but you pay 680 for copter then still another 500-600? For the camera and gimbal. That makes a butt load of sense. Lol

• QUOTE="RedHotPoker, post: 459880, member: 24941"]Apparently DJI do sell them PHANTOM 3 separate now...

Available at DJI.com

http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-advanced-professional-aircraft-body

Somebody just shared this with me, in another thread...
Saved by the bell...

RedHotPoker[/QUOTE]

Hi, I crashed my phantom 3 professional into a freshwater lake a week ago - I am still unable to find it. Doesnt anyone sell a replacement copter only? Obviously I still have the controller - and charger! So I dont need to replace the whole set, only the copter. It seems dki will only sell a replacement. I wrote and after a week they said ship them the controller so that will prove I bought the system. Then they would sell me a replacement for almost $900. Thats absurd, the prices of the new controllers I have seen and a charger are almost $500. It seems more than half the cost of a set is the controller and charger. Anyone have any idea?

Does that replacement include gimbal & 4K camera?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20