Crashed Phantom 2 - now what

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I ran into a wall today with the Phantom 2/gimbal/GoPro. The only problem is that the Phantom now drifts, the gimbal has about 25 degrees of tilt. I think the Phantom thinks that it is level when in fact it is tilted the 25d and that this is why it drifts and why th egimbal is tilted.

I did the gyro cal (basic & advanced) but that solved nothing.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks,

John

Have you taken the phantom apart to check if the Naza and GPS are not loose inside the case.

Also what values do you see in the Assistant software for they giros and compass etc

RogerClark said:
Have you taken the phantom apart to check if the Naza and GPS are not loose inside the case.

Also what values do you see in the Assistant software for they giros and compass etc

I'll have a look tomorrow - thanks,

JH

No worries

BTW. You don't need to unscrew the motors, or even remove the skids completely to get the top off. From what I recall you only need to remove the outer most of the 2 screws holding each skid leg onto the body, and remove the screw at the end of each arm and the screw in the middle of the arms.

May be you have to remove the gimbal, and then run all the calibrations on the Phantom it self, and then try to mount the gimbal again..........

Had a minor crash into soft grass today and the same exact thing is occurring with my bird.

Everything works except the gimbal "tilt" won't go all the way up to horizontal / parallel with the ground.
I've written DJI and B&H (my vendor) to see about an exchange and/or repair. Hard to say if I have any drift issues due to the moderate wind today. I have not opened up the P2 to inspect. The gimbal seems fine as far as I can tell (data ribbon did not seem broken).

Gimbal firmware @ 1.8

Same thing with me. Gimble tilted up and the gimble tilts sideways like a few degrees when turned on a flat surface. All after a loss of power flat spin crash..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl