Crashed P3S gimbal going wild

Reaction score
Hey Guys, a few weeks ago i crashed my p3s into the eave above my second story house, the quad hit the roof of the first story then rolled off and landed on the pavement below. The quad still flies great but the gimbal is going wild, the camera still works and still shows good video but the motors are all spinning out of control.. could this be a ribbon cable issue?

The cable doesn't seem like it's damaged.

Included is a youtube video of the aircraft startup.

Hey Guys, a few weeks ago i crashed my p3s into the eave above my second story house, the quad hit the roof of the first story then rolled off and landed on the pavement below. The quad still flies great but the gimbal is going wild, the camera still works and still shows good video but the motors are all spinning out of control.. could this be a ribbon cable issue?

The cable doesn't seem like it's damaged.

Included is a youtube video of the aircraft startup.
Looks like a poor little animal that's trapped. :(
Looks like the yaw axis is messed up. :/

Looks like a poor little animal that's trapped. :(
Looks like the yaw axis is messed up. :/
I found someone else who had a similar action on their gimbal with the yaw axis shifted but i checked mine and it seems perfectly horizontal.

Well, do a calibration. If that does nothing, send it to DJI for repair.

I found someone else who had a similar action on their gimbal with the yaw axis shifted but i checked mine and it seems perfectly horizontal.

I think you are confusing the roll motor shaft flat spot with the Yaw that @SamNetwork was referring to.
The shaft in the rear, with the flat spot you can check and adjust by removing the cover, is the roll motor shaft.
The Yaw motor comes down out of the belly of the AC.
You didn't by chance take anything apart did you?
I ask, because mine acted like that after a gimbal repair I made. I installed the camera on the pitch motor, and had the pitch motor shaft turned 180° from it's correct position.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I think you are confusing the roll motor shaft flat spot with the Yaw that @SamNetwork was referring to.
The shaft in the rear, with the flat spot you can check and adjust by removing the cover, is the roll motor shaft.
The Yaw motor comes down out of the belly of the AC.
You didn't by chance take anything apart did you?
I ask, because mine acted like that after a gimbal repair I made. I installed the camera on the pitch motor, and had the pitch motor shaft turned 180° from it's correct position.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
You're right, i'm thinking of the roll motor shaft, i did disassemble and re-assemble the gimbal and it had acted the same way before and afterwards, i will check the Yaw motor shaft again and see if something is tweaked

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj