Crashed P3A.. Pilot walked away alive..

Reaction score
Was filming an extreme Jeeper going up a near-impossible obstacle in the hills above Calico, CA.. I was about 500 yards away and did not judge the distance to the canyon wall behind the bird and drifted right into it.. The P3 is in one piece and other than broken props and a slightly bend camera mount-arm seems to be ok.. but havn't flight-tested it yet.. Had a heck of a time being able to read the video-file but was finally able to get it repaired/readable.

One day when DJI has a 360 rotating gimbal for the Phantom camera, you will be able to fly forward, rotate the camera backwards & the object avoidance will stop this from happening. Until then... trees and rocks will be your enemy. :) Glad to hear the bird came out in pretty good shape.

One day when DJI has a 360 rotating gimbal for the Phantom camera, you will be able to fly forward, rotate the camera backwards & the object avoidance will stop this from happening. Until then... trees and rocks will be your enemy. :) Glad to hear the bird came out in pretty good shape.
Like a tank:) I can only see it now

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20