Crashed P3A into wall today.

Reaction score
Flew into a wall today. Whoops. Haha. Landed on Sandy beach and kept spinning for about 10 seconds. I cleaned it up w compressed air and seems to be fine now. Lens cover on camera is broken. Anyone know how to get repaired? Anyone have experience with getting (a lot) of sand in the drone? Any suggestions? Thanks all. I'm a 1.5 day old pilot (as evidenced by crash). New to site. Take it easy on me. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Coastguy3270
You can buy a replacement UV filter on Amazon, eBay, or directly from DJI.

Reactions: San Diego Jimmer
Thanks msinger!! Do you know if it's tough to change the filter yourself? Should I have it professionally done? I blasted as much sand out as possible. Wondering if I need to get it "professionally" cleaned up?

It screws off. Grip it lightly and twist it counter-clockwise. If you cannot grip it, try wrapping something rubber around it.

Got it off. Thank you Msinger! Any idea if the sand should be professionally cleaned out?

I would be most concerned about sand getting into the motors or moving parts of the gimbal. If you're sure you got all the sand out, then you should be fine. If you have any doubts though, I'm not sure how else you'd be able to double-check everything without dissembling the parts in question.

I'm more concerned about flying close to people in the public after only 1,5 days experience. Saw a phantom flying over our heads at about 10 m on a crowded beach here in South Africa . Went up to the operator and was a 10 year old kid. Was very chilled and chatted for a while (xmas present). His dad agreed that it was not cool and off they went .

Cool. Thanks Mom.

He's right though. Find someplace without any people around for at least your next few flights as you learn to fly your Phantom. High speed props and a 2 lb mass hitting someone at 20+ mph can injure someone pretty seriously.

No but I'd love to! Haha. It's sad to watch but equally awesome. I've watched my own crash about 100 times now and laugh. Every. Single. Time. Happy to report the damage was minimal (surprisingly) and I was up and flying again today! (More slowly and carefully)

Hey guys I'll start a post if I want advice on where to fly. Thanks. And fyi - those "people" I was flying around were my friends there w me. We were on a deserted part of an empty beach on a cold day. So. Thanks for the advice. We're good.

Hey, just trying to be helpful. Friends, I should think, would be the last ones you would want to hurt. Things can get out of control quickly until you know what your doing...if you were in gps mode and simply let go of both sticks your phantom would have stopped pretty quickly and hovered in place, allowing you to re-orient yourself and bring it in without crashing. But hey, it sounds like you know what your doing and don't need any help. Happy flying, or crashing, or whatever makes ya happy.

[emoji445]they see me trollin... They hatin...[emoji445]

Thanks for the advice Imp... Not that it was in anyway related to what I was asking for but hey, what's social media for if not for offering unsolicited advice to strangers! I'll go ahead and start an "unsolicited advice/life tips" thread as I'd love to hear more from you.... On that thread.

Reactions: ThommyBoy
Hahah Simmsy - it was a masterful combination of poor execution and strategy. Awe inspiring, I know. [emoji16]

Reactions: Simmsy
Another fine example of why the FAA, CAA, CASA, city/county/state governments, etc. are hopping onto the "ban or control drone flying everywhere" pulpit and establishing rules, regulations, laws all over to limit the use...

The reaction you're getting is actually quite mild.... and this from a group of users familiar with the craft and hobby and issues... consider how it would look from John Q. Public eyes (maybe someody living in that building you rammed)... or John Q. Officer-Of-The-Law...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl