Crashed on table... New body, round 2

Reaction score
errrr........ I can say blew itself apart, first let me note ALL props are balanced, upon rest with my Son on the hood of my truck he wound up the RPMs and noticed one motor vibrating badly,?????? went inside and mounted my 9x4 props which are I know were balanced nicely, installed the props and not bad pretty smooth the cranked it full throttle and BOOM!! all I can think is a resonate vibration met a frequency and it came apart, even busted all the body mount screws off, dang I said, just ordered a new body kit.
I know, hoki landing gear till my new legs get here.

21e692a.jpg

after repairs YIPPIE!!
25ppi60.jpg

Re: Crashed on test table

Mn2214 is the original tiger replacement motors for the phantom (standard screw)

Mn2214-11 is the reverse threaded motors

cptdarel said:
errrr........ I can say blew itself apart, first let me note ALL props are balanced, upon rest with my Son on the hood of my truck he wound up the RPMs and noticed one motor vibrating badly,?????? went inside and mounted my 9x4 props which are I know were balanced nicely, installed the props and not bad pretty smooth the cranked it full throttle and BOOM!! all I can think is a resonate vibration met a frequency and it came apart...

My guess: Bearing failure. Severe vibration was your last warning. The motor would spin fairly true at a lower RPM, but at high power, the winding shifted ever so slightly in the bearing locking the windings against the bell. The inertia was too much for the plastic mounting to absorb and it failed. I doubt harmonics played any part, but then this is just my guess. ;)

Fdnyfish said:
where did you get the anti-gravity motors with the CW&CCW threads?
no they are proper rotation and threaded correct.CC &CCW, as in photo OEM black and silver nuts are on.

bearing failure? I'll have to check into that, dang..........., at 3/4 throttle up all seamed fine, the wobble and bam!! back to the drawing board.

cptdarel said:
bearing failure? I'll have to check into that, dang..........., at 3/4 throttle up all seamed fine, the wobble and bam!! back to the drawing board.

Will the dead motor spin free of center windings, or is it locked together?

well........... without props, ran all motors as you see the craft, all runs smoooth and no bearing grids or growls, ran at full throttle up and all mtrs ran like a Swiss watch. ......................................when it came apart I was using the wood zingers................where ate my new parts :cry:

cptdarel said:
well........... without props, ran all motors as you see the craft, all runs smoooth and no bearing grids or growls, ran at full throttle up and all mtrs ran like a Swiss watch. ......................................when it came apart I was using the wood zingers................where ate my new parts :cry:

So you're saying that now, even the motor that ripped itself out of the frame spins smooth?? Very odd indeed.

Dave Pitman said:
cptdarel said:

So you're saying that now, even the motor that ripped itself out of the frame spins smooth?? Very odd indeed.
yep that's what I'm saying, in fact when I first noticed was on the hood of my truck, and it was a motor with a Black nut that was shaking, when I came inside , changed props to the Zingers the motor with a Silver nut came apart first, it has to be harmonics as well as the props are balanced, to much material was (just thinking) removed thus uneven thrust, and those carbon fiber are not good quality????????????????

I really think I found the problem, I should have my butt whopped, found one prop so far off balanced, I have no idea how i passed it as balanced, when I stuck it on my dubro it took less than 1 second for heavy end to swing to bottom, URRRH, thanks for ideas and thought Dave.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic