Crashed my Phantom 1; What Now, Upgrade or Repair?

Reaction score
Several of the assembly bosses were broken. I glued them back together, sort of, It has had some other operational issues of late such as wandering off, slightly. I am trying to decide if I can upgrade what I have or just buy a later model. I can probably afford it but hate to just scrap what I have. Assuming it is not just scrap to begin with. Please give me some personal reflections, experiences and advise. The Go Pro 4 camera is ok but this unit is beginning to look a bit shabby; not that that matters much while its up in the air.

Welcome!

What do you have on your P1 now? Are you hanging your GoPro on a gimbal? What kind of FPV are you using? How much flight time are you getting? A little information about your rig will give a baseline.

I started with a total of three P1s and loved them. My Phantom 2s were upgrades in every way. Upgrade. You won't regret it.
Are you thinking P2 or P3?

Hi Ron, and welcome to the Forum!

Not knowing which bird you have, but guessing P2, I'd look at getting a new shell and transplanting what you have already. If it dosen't work out, you could at least sell it "as is" and recoup some $.

Eventually, you'll want a P3;) so how you get there is up to you.

Reactions: dirkclod
Per the thread title, OP is flying a P1.

I think you're right about eventually wanting a P3, but there might be reason for considering a P2, for example maintaining a legacy FPV setup.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4