Crashed my P3S

Reaction score
So tonight I decided to do some night time flying, it never left my line of sigh until the wind picked up and it started drifting behind a tree.

On my tablet all I saw was a spinning and lost signal. Luckily DJI Go showed it's last position. I grabbed my flashlight and went hunting. I found it beside a boat upside down and the battery about 40 feet away.

I was 300ft up so I couldn't have hit a tree unless the wind forced it down as well. Fortunately everything works fine, I tried out the battery and the Phantom. Even the props are fine just a little dirty.

Anyone else ever experienced this?

How windy was it? It should handle 25 mph winds in GPS mode. Upload logs to healthydrones.com and share the flight log with us. It will also give you some useful information.

It wasn't that windy, maybe a breeze. I download the dat file and uploaded it to Maps Made Easy but the CSV file I downloaded, Healthy Drones won't accept.

It wasn't that windy, maybe a breeze. I download the dat file and uploaded it to Maps Made Easy but the CSV file I downloaded, Healthy Drones won't accept.

Follow the directions on HD on uploading the logs. Maybe you didn't do it right. Just a shot.

Wow, you fly high and far.... and in the dark? You got balls... I shake at 396 feet up.

Windy evening, Average Wind Speed 24.4 mph and Max Gust Speed 37.0 mph.

I wonder if you did simply get a big gust of wind and that did cause your crash, very glad for you that it is still in one piece. You are a lucky man!

Had to get high to be able to see it and clear the trees lol I am very lucky indeed. I found a part of the body that's sticking out underneath a vent on one of the arms but nothing serious.

I'm sure it was a strong gust that knocked it down just enough to clip a tree...I was just in the middle of bringing it in too.

Crashes are inevitable, at least I was fortunate in this case.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik