Crashed into a tree!

Reaction score
Right guys I was using waypoints with 2.4 datalink, i set the mission on my iPad as I usually do then hit go! It took off and went straight into a tree in my garden! :cry:

I usually manually take off then press go,I decided to try auto take off and crash.

One of the legs has snapped with the compass in it with the wire hanging out. The battery must've flew out!

I have managed to click the circuit board in the compass casing back in with the wire.

My questions are what should I check out and do before the next flight?

Is the compass safe to use now!?

Also what happenes to the motors went the phantom hits? Auto cut-off?

For GS Waypoint Mission flying the drone will go in a straight line from it's current location to the first waypoint and will also change altitude gradually on the way to the first waypoint in order to be at the set altitude when it arrives at waypoint #1. For this reason, a lot of people choose to set waypoint #1 directly above their takeoff point so the drone flies straight up before proceeding to waypoint #2. You could skip this step if you manually takeoff and fly up to an altitude that would clear any tress before pressing GO and uploading the mission and having the drone autonomously fly to waypoint #1.

I don't know the answer to your motors questions other than to say that it does not auto cut-off and if the motors are bound from being able to spin then it will damage/break them. It's happened to me on a flip-over while landing and the prop gets stuck in grass while motor is still in idle.

My questions are what should I check out and do before the next flight?
If it was mine I would pop the top and check all my connecters but if I went the short way I would put it in assistant and do an advanced calibration and then one outside and just be easy and watch it real close before going off very far .
That's what I would do .
Also what happenes to the motors went the phantom hits? Auto cut-off?

As far is this just from my crashes if I see it go down I do a CNC as fast as I can . Most times the battery comes out and they have just shut off but one time I didn't and 1 motor had stopped as the other 3 just idled and it got so hot it did this and cost me a shell .

Didn't mess up the motor though, strange huh ;)

Attachments

• motor d1.jpg
    motor d1.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 367
Yeah I've put it all back together and gave it a thorough check, Took it for a test flight everything seems good.
I did advance call also. The compass fell apart and I put it back together is that issue?

Do you mean it just came apart like from where it connects where you plug it back in ? If that's it I don't see where that would hurt if you just plugged it back together and if you have already flew it and check HL and RTH and everything worked I would think you good to go :D JMO

The Leg that the compass is on had snapped! The wire came out, the front case of it and The circuit board inside. I put the clip back in and the circut and the case on the front.
Yes everything seems the same as before :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31