Crashed into a group of People ;(

Reaction score
Accidents happen.
Good to hear it was nothing serious.

Obviously check the Phantom out throughly,
and run NAZA assistant and go thru Advanced Calibration (if it's available as an option) which might help alleviate the juggle.

Sorry to hear that! I know you feel bad about the hurt people as well as the craft!
As for the jiggle, Might check for a slightly bent motor shaft too, if you haven't already done so. It should show up in the prop blade spin as high low blade tips.

You might want to toss that Battery. Lipos when they take a hit, even a simple as a drop they can catch fire easily. If you MUST use it, use it as test bench battery only and be very careful with it. Best advise is to get rid of it.

i would keep the battery and accept the potential fireball risk... (i bet it would look cool falling out of the sky!) the lipo is in a solid case as opposed to the standard pouch lipos... should be ok!

Migmon said:
i would keep the battery and accept the potential fireball risk... (i bet it would look cool falling out of the sky!) the lipo is in a solid case as opposed to the standard pouch lipos... should be ok!

agreed.
Just visually inspect the battery for damage
If it looks ok,. and isn't too puffy, it's probably fine.
just keep track of how it performs and recharges.

I had a larger 4s battery take a tumble when my 450 fell 20ft onto pavement (hit some telephone wires)
it was scraped up pretty good, but still works just fine.

Am I the only one disturbed that the original poster sounds more concerned about getting his phantom working again than acknowledging his mistake?? I'm sure he's sorry and upset about what happened... but how about some comment acknowledging that you won't fly low around people anymore or near tree's??

You mentioned that some guy "split his leg open". Can you elaborate?? That sounds terrible. If that were really the case, wouldn't he need some medical attention right away? I'm only asking because I've wondered how much damage the rotors could do.

Please be careful.

race3 said:
Am I the only one disturbed that the original poster sounds more concerned about getting his phantom working again than acknowledging his mistake?? I'm sure he's sorry and upset about what happened... but how about some comment acknowledging that you won't fly low around people anymore or near tree's??

You mentioned that some guys "split his leg open". Can you elaborate?? That sounds terrible. If that were really the case, wouldn't he need some medical attention right away? I'm only asking because I've wondered how much damage the rotors could do.

Please be careful.

+1 I'm with ya! Yet another little nail in the regulation coffin.

Cjrt546 said:
To all the negative twits that posted on this thread eat sht and die.....the first thing I did was offer to pay the medical bills of not just the guy who split his leg open but anyone effected in the crash. We all fly low at some point I was trying to get at Att video of the treetops and the wind took her down so eat sht. To the guys who are positive thanks of course it's difficult to watch your bird mow a group of people. We do the best we can and to the guy with the nail in the coffin comment go find a fkn soul.

Hmmm, I have just viewed your previous posts on different topics as well, slightly antagonistic to day the least, it's a good job I can use the "foe" button and "erase" any other future association with you. I won't waste my breath by saying fly safely because you obviously know better.

race3 said:

You mentioned that some guy "split his leg open". Can you elaborate?? That sounds terrible. If that were really the case, wouldn't he need some medical attention right away? I'm only asking because I've wondered how much damage the rotors could do.

Please be careful.

I was thinking the same... Why are you flying near people?

I think the OP may be trying to deliberately discredit this forum and the RC sport in general.

If he is not and this event actually happened then he shouldn't bet let near any other RC vehicle at all. He does not sound fit to fly even the smallest coaxial to me. Sounds like an idiot and best ignored :twisted:

My thanks to HVMstormer for pointing out the existence of the foe button. It allows me to erase this insignificant fool from my

GhostMaster said:
race3 said:

Please be careful.

I was thinking the same... Why are you flying near people?

Do you not think you're being a little hard on the OP with the "Why are you flying near people?" comment, given that DJI themselves suggest it's perfectly safe to do so?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOZYO9_DMa0

Granted, the experienced RC flyers with years under their belt probably know better. But I think it's fair to say any newbie would be forgiven for thinking it was fine, given the marketing.

Do we ban tennis or football in the park, incase a gust of wind takes the ball hits a passer by? I think things should be kept in perspective and realise that accidents do happen sometimes in life, even when we try to avoid them. The guy offered to pay the medical bills for those involved, which was more than most would do.

Standing on the moral highground looking down and self-righteously slating newbies is as bad for the hobby as flying near people IMHO (though many would argue not as dangerous!). Nobody should play judge and jury. Giving friendly and helpful advice is one thing, lambasting somebody for an accident helps nobody (again, IMHO).

Shrimpfarmer said:
I think the OP may be trying to deliberately discredit this forum and the RC sport in general.

If he is not and this event actually happened then he shouldn't bet let near any other RC vehicle at all. He does not sound fit to fly even the smallest coaxial to me. Sounds like an idiot and best ignored :twisted:

My thanks to HVMstormer for pointing out the existence of the foe button. It allows me to erase this insignificant fool from my

Don't be so hard on Khaki... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't believe a word of his post, for obvious reasons. The second I saw who authored it, I discredited it completely.

-slinger

Shrimpfarmer said:
Actually it was his christmas charm of telling us to 'eat **** and die' that I objected to. Amongst some other things. ;)

+1

The great thing about these aircraft is they are so easy to fly. Almost anyone can do it. Someone with no experience with RC aircraft and the accepted safety rules that are followed by those in the hobby pose a danger to themselves, to the public and to our hobby if they do not know and follow the long accepted safety rules established by the AMA.

I would suggest that this site start a new forum titled something like "Safety, Please Read This First"
We must ensure that this hobby harms no one, ever or we all will be penalized with restrictions on our hobby.

Cjrt546 said:
Get a life gunslinger. You have nothing better to do than follow me around and post negative harassing comments on my threads huh? Your pathetic

That's amusing, really... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As was pretty obvious, to some, he was obviously a fake just antagonising this forum and that's why all his posts have disappeared.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl