Crashed gimbal damage diagnosis help needed please!!

Reaction score
Hi this is my first post so I apologize in advance if anything is wrong or out of context..I stacked my phantom 4 and at a glance the yaw arm is bent.when I switch it on the camera displays an image no probs but the gimbal jumps around understandably,my question is the fact I have image and status reads gimbal -normal does this mean flex cable is fine and I should be right if I put a new yaw arm on??

If the cable was damaged it could affect the camera and or gimbal motors. They both work off the cable. If the arm is bent, yes, it needs replaced. Most likely the cable is fine if the camera is working. Take the arm off and check if the motors move freely. Good luck.

What’s said above is true, the cable must be undamaged to ensure proper operation. If you have no experience replacing the yaw arm, and you are worried watching YouTube will leave you with a diy repair that will possibly damage the gimbal further, take it to a drone repair shop. It’s better to yield to a 50$ repair cost than a 300$+ camera gimbal replacement plus the instillation cost.

If the cable was damaged it could affect the camera and or gimbal motors. They both work off the cable. If the arm is bent, yes, it needs replaced. Most likely the cable is fine if the camera is working. Take the arm off and check if the motors move freely. Good luck.
Thanks for the input,yes motors appear to be moving freely and camera image as well as status in app seem to be absolutely fine.by jumping I probably could have elaborated more and explained that when powered on the camera and motors are trying to go through their normal cycle and seem to do so accordingly until the bent yaw arm gets in the way.i know the sensible thing to do is to pass it on to an exper th to fix but the only way to learn to fix things is by having a go yourself and already from a few replies here I've got more understanding and feel I've made more progress towards fixing things than I have in days of researching elsewhere,with the help and support here from guys like you lot!how can I go wrong!!!thanks to all and any more advice would be greatly appreciated

This will help.
E653695F-31AC-4A78-A3D6-9886A201E470.jpeg
4E562D47-AF7F-4C3C-B67A-C5510528E7EC.jpeg

This happened to me a couple of times. My advice is, save the camera [emoji327] and replace the gimbal. The cabling, arms, and maze of micro screws holding it all together made replacing single parts all but impossible to dismantle without its inevitable destruction. Screws with head slots of 20 microns strip out if you look at them too hard, then melt when I try to drill them out

Reactions: Baron von adzo
This happened to me a couple of times. My advice is, save the camera [emoji327] and replace the gimbal. The cabling, arms, and maze of micro screws holding it all together made replacing single parts all but impossible to dismantle without its inevitable destruction. Screws with head slots of 20 microns strip out if you look at them too hard, then melt when I try to drill them out
Hahaha so true!how coincidental,only a few hrs ago I began the breakdown getting all the way to the last yaw roll motor then 2 of the 3 screws dug themselves in more and more each time I tried to undo them then finally out came the dremel which as you say only made them hot enough to really destroy any chance of getting them out..I'm starting to think your right!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj