Crashed Camera Repair

Reaction score
Need some help. My Phantom Vision 2+ hit the ground and the camera pulled out of one of the gimbals and the delicate ribbon of wires that weave their way from the camera lens upward has broken. If I could replace that ribbon it would save me from buying the whole rig, which still haven't made it to the markets yet. Maybe someone has a crashed camera but the ribbon survived. Appreciate any help.

strobo said:
Need some help. My Phantom Vision 2+ hit the ground and the camera pulled out of one of the gimbals and the delicate ribbon of wires that weave their way from the camera lens upward has broken.

Strobo --

I had a similar experience. I have not found the ribbon cable you are trying to repair for sale (yet). I found DJI Customer Service difficult to get a hold of, but very helpful once I did connect with them (after 36 mins on hold). I had to send my camera, gimbal and Phantom back to CA for repair. They said the turn time is 4 weeks.

I am patiently awaiting the return and missing my Vision+. Finely warm weather and now it's broken.

Cheers!

Tom

I had a similar cable break with my P2V - took it to Dronefly in Newbury Park, CA, they fixed it in 10 minutes while I waited.

Thanks for the help. I'll contact dronefly. But the ribbon I need is the very very small dark brown one that comes directly out of the camera lens and routs through the gimbal. Not the gray ones that go from the camera mount to the board inside the Phantom. To complicate matters that little brown ribbon is in a "T" shape so plugs into more than one spot. Thanks again and good luck with your Phantom rigs.

Any progress in this question, guys ? I have the same problem (brown wire that goes directly to camera - broken), so I don't know what to do. I have only one service in our country, and they said that the only solution they have - is to swap for a new camera for 700$ :shock:

Has anyone replaced the gimbal with an H3-3D or 2D? I'm considering just replacing the whole unit while we wait for cable spares.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj