crash

Reaction score
Put the phantom 3 standard up to day and got attacked by a black bird between his movements and mine I was able to elude him and get the drone back over dry land instead of over the lake but he still won as from all the confusion I did not stop as fast as I thought I would and ended up in a cedar tree and about a 15ft. drop from there. When I got to it still running with one blade stuck in the ground. Shut it down and restarted it after checking for cracks and stress marks on the blades camera looked ok so put it back up just to check out the flight and looked good. But a question I would like to ask has any one out there had a similar experience. Don't know if I did the right thing or not but in hindsight now thinking that I should have taken it straight up as fast as I could and he might have give up. If anyone can shed some light on the situation the please do.
Thanks Ayrem.

I don't fancy a birds chances against those blades. I would have (and have) ignored any bird taking an interest.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: mmtphoto
Your best chance is increasing altitude in the opposite direction of approach. More often than than not most birds will loose interest, they think you are retreating so its mission accomplished for them.

I don't fancy a birds chances against those blades. I would have (and have) ignored any bird taking an interest.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Agreed the rotors may influct serious, perhaps fatal injury, to most birds.

Very good chance they will take the drone out in the process of any contact.

Suggesting ignoring their presence is very bad advice.

I haven't had any close calls but have flown around a lot of birds, large and small and most seem to want to stay away from it, I suspect it is pretty loud to them plus if any got too close I have no doubt the carbon fiber props would produce lots of feathers and a rapidly falling fowl. I tend to think when I see them the best course is to keep moving, hovering would make an easy target.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic