Crash

Reaction score
I had bought my drone about 4 montgs now and I was really care about how to fly and firmware updates and every thing the thing is I was flying it today
And it just turned off mid-air with no reason batery was 65 percents everything was great no signs of error what should I do

I had bought my drone about 4 montgs now and I was really care about how to fly and firmware updates and every thing the thing is I was flying it today
And it just turned off mid-air with no reason batery was 65 percents everything was great no signs of error what should I do
I apologize if i may be misunderstanding you. From what i gathered, you were flying normally, & your Phantom 3 dropped from the air @ 65% battery level? If this is the case, then you should start an RMA with DJI Support, find the phone # for the DJI Center in LA & call them to get things moving.

Did you take off @ 65% battery or on a full charge? Also, post your flight log here from your mobile or tablet device so other can try & see into this further.

I apologize if i may be misunderstanding you. From what i gathered, you were flying normally, & your Phantom 3 dropped from the air @ 65% battery level? If this is the case, then you should start an RMA with DJI Support, find the phone # for the DJI Center in LA & call them to get things moving.

Did you take off @ 65% battery or on a full charge? Also, post your flight log here from your mobile or tablet device so other can try & see into this further.
No I take off at aboy 78 percent battery an it dropped at 65

This is the route I flight

Attachments

• 1449390219299.jpg
    1449390219299.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 436
This is my log I flight it for 2 min and it crashed

Attachments

• 1449390382282.jpg
    1449390382282.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 414
I have noticed that you really have to make sure you snap in the battery. If it isn't snapped in it can vibrate out and cause the bird to drop out of the sky.

I have noticed that you really have to make sure you snap in the battery. If it isn't snapped in it can vibrate out and cause the bird to drop out of the sky.
Even when it dropped from 100 meters high the battery didnot get off place and it was in completely

I had the exact same problem, but dji will tell you it.was your fault. They never pay back anything. I had to play ping pong with them for.3 months. They told me that i didn' t have the latest firmware and that is why it dropped like a stone. I had my 5 year old son playing nearby. It could have killed him. The truth is i am very disappointed. These drones, even if not having the latest frimware or whatsoever, should not fly and must show red light or something. How is it possible that when losing connection with a remote it can still land at home, but thanks to so called not having done the latest firmware update ( which they plausibly generated 4 days after my latest update ) it cannot even fly just vertically up for ca. 60m without crashing, especially while it flew without problems for 5 months. I believe that there is something that stinks here. The problem is bigger and Dji is trying to cover it. Dji is good and not cheap. But when this kind of things happen one should grow a pair and face the truth. Be humble and try to resolve the problem. But in my case. Dji just generates a torrent on BS and hides its head under the sand like an ostrich. I am very disappointed. Very angry and even if i want to buy.a new dji, i will not do it and wait untill there is something similar on the market.

Reactions: Fernossi
I had the exact same problem, but dji will tell you it.was your fault. They never pay back anything. I had to play ping pong with them for.3 months. They told me that i didn' t have the latest firmware and that is why it dropped like a stone. I had my 5 year old son playing nearby. It could have killed him. The truth is i am very disappointed. These drones, even if not having the latest frimware or whatsoever, should not fly and must show red light or something. How is it possible that when losing connection with a remote it can still land at home, but thanks to so called not having done the latest firmware update ( which they plausibly generated 4 days after my latest update ) it cannot even fly just vertically up for ca. 60m without crashing, especially while it flew without problems for 5 months. I believe that there is something that stinks here. The problem is bigger and Dji is trying to cover it. Dji is good and not cheap. But when this kind of things happen one should grow a pair and face the truth. Be humble and try to resolve the problem. But in my case. Dji just generates a torrent on BS and hides its head under the sand like an ostrich. I am very disappointed. Very angry and even if i want to buy.a new dji, i will not do it and wait untill there is something similar on the market.
bro got the free service repair

Hope you are well. This is Tia from DJI After-sales.

As reported from our Support Team, there is something wrong with Phantom 3, right?

It is covered under warranty now.

We will fix it for free and cover the freight of sending it back to you after it is fixed in HK.

While, you will need to pay the freight of sending it back to our HK address and the tax duty when you receive your product.

Now, please kindly send the gimbal camera and aircraft back to our Hong Kong repair center according to the following instruction.

Last edited:
Reactions: Keijo
Firstly, thank you very much for surprisingly proffesional and adequate response. As a technical pedant i sent it to Euronics ( Estonian reseller) warranty just 2 days after the incident. They sent it to your germanys warranty office and it has been there ever since. As i told you already i sent it almost 3 months ago. Euronics has sent me only BS responses and shown e-mail response with someone in Dji in Germany. No one even had the time and balls to call me. Which i did myself eventually. Well i see that there is decent human beings amongst you and i respect it alot. Could you please instruct me how to act, now that you know where the pieces of my dear drone are. And believe when i say, there are only pieces and the repair will cost according to your Germany office, more than a new Dji. I paid 1300 eur, now it costs a 100 less, but the repair cost is 1300. If you could kindly write to my personal email, i would be more than glad to send you all the collected data.and email responses.

Firstly, thank you very much for surprisingly proffesional and adequate response. As a technical pedant i sent it to Euronics ( Estonian reseller) warranty just 2 days after the incident. They sent it to your germanys warranty office and it has been there ever since. As i told you already i sent it almost 3 months ago. Euronics has sent me only BS responses and shown e-mail response with someone in Dji in Germany. No one even had the time and balls to call me. Which i did myself eventually. Well i see that there is decent human beings amongst you and i respect it alot. Could you please instruct me how to act, now that you know where the pieces of my dear drone are. And believe when i say, there are only pieces and the repair will cost according to your Germany office, more than a new Dji. I paid 1300 eur, now it costs a 100 less, but the repair cost is 1300. If you could kindly write to my personal email, i would be more than glad to send you all the collected data.and email responses.

sir with all regards
am not a dji employe i am a costumer like you my drone fall and crash and i had just bought it like for 1 month so i started to talk to dji service online in there website and they guide me to who to talk to and what should i do
after i did all what they ask they concluded that the fault was from the last update i did which i think was 1.5 or something and they offered me the free service repair
and i was talking to them about the arrangement of sending the drone to them about a 2 month now and they finally did arrange the sending and all frieght cost was by them so i won't pay a dollar and i send it by DHL from Iraq to china for repair and now it is on the way to them

much regards

I had NO PROBLEM with DJI and I have had 2 incidents with my P3P and both times they replaced it with only general piloting questions asked. They gave me my RMA number and I sent both back. Within 1 week on both I received my new birds. Awesome support. Have not one bad thing to say about them and this was 2 times within a few months of each other.

I had NO PROBLEM with DJI and I have had 2 incidents with my P3P and both times they replaced it with only general piloting questions asked. They gave me my RMA number and I sent both back. Within 1 week on both I received my new birds. Awesome support. Have not one bad thing to say about them and this was 2 times within a few months of each other.

Lucky you. Where are you located? I am from estonia and now i hava ebeen waiting almost 4 months. I wonder whattahell is wrong with DJI Europe. This totally blows. I have my phantom remains still in Germany and still no response. I have tried to call every number i can find from dji homepage and seems that germany is wiped out. This is really strange. As it is strange that nor Japan or USA have no clue what is going on and they say they cannot do anything since it is up to DJI Europe. I am really starting to lose my patience. If anyone here could give me some tips what to do next. I would really appreciate it big time.

Lucky you. Where are you located? I am from estonia and now i hava ebeen waiting almost 4 months. I wonder whattahell is wrong with DJI Europe. This totally blows. I have my phantom remains still in Germany and still no response. I have tried to call every number i can find from dji homepage and seems that germany is wiped out. This is really strange. As it is strange that nor Japan or USA have no clue what is going on and they say they cannot do anything since it is up to DJI Europe. I am really starting to lose my patience. If anyone here could give me some tips what to do next. I would really appreciate it big time.
I had similar problems. I posted on the DJI forum. DJI-Patrick got into contact with me and solved all the issues.
Good luck!

My dji3-professional today also dropped like a stone from 20m. I think it is unrepairable:-( It was my fourth flight that day. The others been okay, except for some warnings of weak transmission, but, still manageable. On my last flight after just one minute (battery at.ca. 70%), the status on the App on my iPad went to "disconnected". So I could not use the iPad anymore, however, since the drone was just ca. 25 meters away and did not fly high, I did not push the return home button, but wanted to fly it home manually. I might have pushed the left stick to the ground, but, as I understand, this should not stop the motor in mid-air! I'm just happy no one got hurt. However, before I buy a new one, I must find out, where the problem lies, because this is just too dangerous. Not to imagine the drone would have fallen on someone's head or a driving car...
The flight record shows five! last flights of 0m Distance and 0m altitude with no GPS.
I guess, this is all my last flight. And I remember to had GPS in the green, otherwise I would not dare to fly. Any ideas what went wrong?

Attachments

• Flight-record-crash.png
    Flight-record-crash.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 317

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik