Crash! Would love some other eyes on this...

Reaction score
My guess is that it's a faulty battery, but would love some other ideas.

Also, is there anyway to regain control of the Phantom quickly other than switching to ATT mode?

Phantom 2 H3-2D
Properly calibrated
Green Flashing lights before the incident
Battery 22 cycles
Life 98% left.
Slightly swollen
(gonna dispose of it now)

Thanks for your time.

Let me guess, you followed the user guide, that suggests you discharge the battery down to below 8% after 20 cycles? I did that with two of my batteries and they were both trash after that. One of them got so hot and puffy, I never used it again and the other did the exact same thing when I tried to use it. Luckily I only flew it over a field and within a few hundred feet. Needless to say, they're both long gone in the trash now.

Let me guess, you followed the user guide, that suggests you discharge the battery down to below 8% after 20 cycles? I did that with two of batteries and my they were both trash after that. One of them got so hot and puffy, I never used it again and the other did the exact same thing. Luckily I only flew it over a field and within a few hundred feet. Needless to say, they're both long gone in the trash now.

As a matter of fact I did. This could be the issue.

Good thing the little guy still works.

I was told by a friend who makes lipo's for the military, that one should never run them down below 20%. I think DJI put that in their user guide, so we'd buy more batteries. Thanks DJI... NOT!!!

I also noticed that after I discharged them, one of them would be charging up to about 60% and the suddenly go right to full charge and then shut off. It also showed up on the assistant, as having a full charge with about 90% life left. In any event, like I said, I just tossed them out. Didn't want to take a chance. I figured, one came with it and the other I purchased for $180.00 a year ago. I just recently replaced them both for about $130.00 a piece, at a local hobby shop. Now I see they're about $200.00 for two, from B&H.

I also noticed that after I discharged them, one of them would be charging up to about 60% and the suddenly go right to full charge and then shut off. It also showed up on the assistant, as having a full charge with about 90% life left. In any event, like I said, I just tossed them out. Didn't want to take a chance. I figured, one came with it and the other I purchased for $180.00 a year ago. I just recently replaced them both for about $130.00 a piece, at a local hobby shop. Now I see they're about $200.00 for two, from B&H.
Thanks for the B&H info. I was about to buy from DJI's website.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav