Crash! Will it show the reason in logs?

Reaction score
Hello, i tried the follow me mode today.
Had a lot of fun, but was a inch away from crashing my P3S to the tree.
i stopped it, got out of the car, switched to P-Atti again, and initialed Landing. So when it was going down, i don't know, maybe it was me pulling the stick still down also, it came down with such a speed of acceleration, that it smashed down on the ground. turned arond, dirtied up the props a bit.
Thank god everything is fine, and is functioning.

I just wanna know, why was it accelerating like that? Was that original RTH or i was also pulling the left stick down?(idontremeber)

CAn i check it in logs somehow?

Yes, the logs can be very important you can display your remote control movements. Did you find them yet?

Yes, the logs can be very important you can display your remote control movements. Did you find them yet?
I did find the logs in Dji go app.
DAT files didnt open.
So as i understand and see
before signal interrupts, the stick was being pulled down. So probably it was my fault.

But at the same time, it was at a certain height during follow me and then it went down. Was that also because of me?

In the video i can clearly see drone decreasing altitude when in the dji go app logs it says that it still is 40meters... strange

I did find the logs in Dji go app.
DAT files didnt open.
So as i understand and see
before signal interrupts, the stick was being pulled down. So probably it was my fault.

But at the same time, it was at a certain height during follow me and then it went down. Was that also because of me?

In the video i can clearly see drone decreasing altitude when in the dji go app logs it says that it still is 40meters... strange

I have never tried follow me. I have read that in follow me It stays at the elevation you leave it at say 40 meters. it stays at 40 meters not 40 meters above the terrain you go up or down it doesn't.

I have never tried follow me. I have read that in follow me It stays at the elevation you leave it at say 40 meters. it stays at 40 meters not 40 meters above the terrain you go up or down it doesn't.

So i tried yesterday, and it was up 40 meters. In logs it says that height doesnt change but in the video u can clearly see trees getting closer + i am not pressing remote stick down.

So i tried yesterday, and it was up 40 meters. In logs it says that height doesnt change but in the video u can clearly see trees getting closer + i am not pressing remote stick down.
Question is were you moving?
The trees & land were getting taller based on your travels?
That is my only thought.

Question is were you moving?
The trees & land were getting taller based on your travels?
That is my only thought.
Yes i was moving (car) but trees were not getting taller. The drone was going down. while the dji go app log doesnt show the altitude changing.

Attaching screenshots. Before and after.

Attachments

• 1448302978312.jpg
    1448302978312.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 389
  • 1448302985344.jpg
    1448302985344.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 364
Here the log from that moment. Last picture. It shows height 46m. When its obviously.

Attachments

• 1448303654721.jpg
    1448303654721.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 377
Gotcha, just wanted to make sure.
I don' know what all they use for elevation. Barometer for sure and I think they would use GPS also.

I don't recall any talk of that problem. Before the flight logs on P3's. I guess a basic user would have never known.

Doesn't look like you were doing storm chasing.
:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4