Crash Story - Happy Ending

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago, I went over to the coast to film the big waves we get this time of year in Northern California.
Halfway through the second battery, I lost sight of my P3A and crashed it to a seaside cliff. I've been flying Phantoms for about four years and this was pure unadulterated stupidity. Anyway, it smashed into the cliff, tumbled down a bit and came to rest upside down about forty feet from the top, sixty from the bottom. The cliff is made of loose dirt and only climb-able by someone with suicidal tendencies.
The next day I came back with a makeshift grappling hook and some rope. I threw it repeatedly from the top until I was able to snag one of the legs. I dragged the poor thing unceremoniously upside down up the side of the cliff through dirt, rocks, and bushes.
When I got it home, I noticed it would still boot up with no errors. I put on new props, calibrated everything. It flies as good as ever. UNBELIEVEABLE!!

A couple weeks ago, I went over to the coast to film the big waves we get this time of year in Northern California.
Halfway through the second battery, I lost sight of my P3A and crashed it to a seaside cliff. I've been flying Phantoms for about four years and this was pure unadulterated stupidity. Anyway, it smashed into the cliff, tumbled down a bit and came to rest upside down about forty feet from the top, sixty from the bottom. The cliff is made of loose dirt and only climb-able by someone with suicidal tendencies.
The next day I came back with a makeshift grappling hook and some rope. I threw it repeatedly from the top until I was able to snag one of the legs. I dragged the poor thing unceremoniously upside down up the side of the cliff through dirt, rocks, and bushes.
When I got it home, I noticed it would still boot up with no errors. I put on new props, calibrated everything. It flies as good as ever. UNBELIEVEABLE!!
Yay - Great to hear a happy outcome. Very pleased for you!

I love a happy ending..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20