Crash Repair Progress, No Camera

Reaction score
Im attempting to get my P3 up and running without the camera lost in a previous crash. So far I was able to reaipr the link button using JB Weld instead of soldering that tiny switch. Then I couldn't get the tx to link without the camera, so I used camera from recently purchased P3S and voila, I was able to link the aircraft to the controller. I then removed the camera back to the new drone. I can power up the AC, and start the motors which appear to respond to control input. However, the TX led remains red even though there is apparent control of the AC.
When I open Go, it says weak transmission signal and of course no video.
Does anyone know if I should/could have PGPS available without the camera, or will it be atti only?

I think it would be in GPS with RC switch up.
The rear status lights on the Phantom should be reporting this?

Anybody else?

What is the link status light on the Phantom?

Rod

Green flashing leds on phantom means gps is available, yellow flashing means no gps or atti-mode. Very fast yellow flashing means no rc connection
Red led status on rc means no video feed
Green led status on rc means video feed available

Im attempting to get my P3 up and running without the camera lost in a previous crash. So far I was able to reaipr the link button using JB Weld instead of soldering that tiny switch. Then I couldn't get the tx to link without the camera, so I used camera from recently purchased P3S and voila, I was able to link the aircraft to the controller. I then removed the camera back to the new drone. I can power up the AC, and start the motors which appear to respond to control input. However, the TX led remains red even though there is apparent control of the AC.
When I open Go, it says weak transmission signal and of course no video.
Does anyone know if I should/could have PGPS available without the camera, or will it be atti only?
1492154690758-327446752.jpg the link status colourway is nice green.....keep switch up..

Thanks for the replies all. I did manage to get it up in the air today with no battery. Truthfully, I never paid much attention to the led status lights, but without a connection to an app, it became necessary to learn the lights. And I learned to attach and detach a camera when I used a cam from another drone. Not easy to mange those wires as they are stiff.

Reactions: RodPad

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic